Phil's POV: Chapter one

Start from the beginning

I headed to my bedroom holding my phone and glasses in one hand, I couldn’t see very well at all without my glasses but putting them on before I got dressed seemed pointless considering I already knew where my clothes were.  I grabbed my clothes and walked into the living room and turned the TV on immediately ready to watch the rest of the half finished episode of American Horror Story I had left on pause previously this morning. I watched the drama unfold in the fictional world I had become obsessed with over the last few weeks as I struggled to tug my black skinny jeans on followed by a red and black checker shirt, only to let myself rest back down into the sofa after putting my slightly damp towel over the radiator and brushing through my hair and dried it with a towel. My hair straighteners were already in the living room so I reached behind the sofa and plugged them in. After messily straightening my hair I turned them off and settled back down into the sofa and ate an apple from the fruit bowl.

The end credits had started to roll across the screen accompanied by the sinister music that the show was famously recognisable for, I had finished the series. That couldn’t be it. No, that can’t be the end! I need to know what happened! What would Tate’s baby grow up to be like? How will they stop people from moving into the house in the future? Will she take Tate back? What do I do with my life now? All these questions spun through my head as the screen went blank suggesting that it had finished. I felt kind of empty, like everything was meaningless. Although this was a familiar feeling after finishing several other books, TV shows and cliff hanging movies I still hadn’t become used to it. I sat up accepting defeat and decided that I would do something productive. Yes, this was something I would say that to myself on a daily basis but that day was different. Walking out of the messy pit I call an apartment and going outside into civilisation for once wasn’t desirable to me but it had to be done. With that thought I stood up and immediately reached for my phone and walked over to the front door and tugged my coat on before I could change my mind. I picked up keys and childish wallet. I walked out the door and skipped down the seemingly never ending flights of stairs and reached the door, I took a deep breath as I opened it, and I was greeted by a comforting cold breeze. I love the feeling of the wind blowing through my hair, it was a feeling rare considering I hardly went outside but that made me cherish the feeling even more.

I Realised that I probably should have at least come up with a plan of where I was going before hand but  I wondered down the street heading towards the main road and decided that I would let fate take we to where I needed to go.

“This was a bad idea.” I grumbled to myself.

I didn’t have any money on me and couldn’t be bothered to walk back so I kept on walking, hoping I would  see another NatWest bank and then found myself in the middle of nowhere. So I sat down at a fountain I had come across while I wallowing in my own confusion and got out my phone and realised that I had ran out of 3G so I couldn’t even look on Google maps to see where I was. My only option was to ask someone. General human interaction has never been my strong point, but actually speaking to someone was the only way I was going to find my way back home. So stood up and started to look for someone that could help me.  I spotted an old man with a beard but opted not to approach him because he seemed like the type of person that would abduct me at any given opportunity, so I carried on looking hoping I would find someone more friendly looking. Just as I was about to give up I saw someone on the opposite side of the fountain, he had dark brown hair styled in a similar way to mine. He was just sitting there, so I decided I’d ask him. He looked friendly enough and he was quite attractive.