08

It was quiet in my dorm. Ashton was on a date with Calum and I hadn't spoken to Luke after our first meeting thing.

I'd love to call it a date, but he doesn't see me like that I guess.

I was sitting behind my laptop listening to a random mixtape and every song reminded me of Luke.

I felt alone even tough he hadn't left that long ago. All I had left was his beanie which he had somehow left in my backpack.

And it wasn't like he was well, on the other side of the world. He was really close. But I couldn't just go and hang out with him.

Ashton walked in slamming the door closed after him. He smiled at me before sitting down on his own bed.

"Hey Mia." He muttered.

"Have you heard anything for Luke yet?" I groaned throwing a pillow at him. He gave the pillow back to me sitting down next to me.

"I'm sorry." He said hugging me softly.

"I'm sorry too. I thought you were with Cal?"

"I was worried about you. And then w got in an argument." He admitted. I hugged him.

*

We ended up talking for much longer than I had expected. And he convinced me to contact Luke.

m: luke? I miss you so much.

l: I miss you too. I got a new phone, facetime?

m: yes! :))

I send him my number as I waited for him to send a request. I accepted his request and smiling at the sight of him.

"Luke!" I cheered. He smiled at me.

"Mia I need to ask you something serious."

"Yes I'll marry you." I joked. He laughed softly.

"Are you into leaving tomorrow?"

"Leaving?" I raised an eyebrow at the lad on the screen who was fixing his hair.

"The running away thing?" He said softly. I nodded immediately.

"Tomorrow?"

"Yes."

"I'm into it." I said without really thinking that well about my decision.

"Where are we meeting?"

"I'm taking one of my brothers with me, in his car. Will drop him off at his girlfriend's and then I'm keeping the car. Which he is okay with. Then I'll be at yours at like one pm."

"Okay and what do I need to pack?"

"Enough for at least a month. If you could please grab my cd's and clothes from my dorm too. The key is hidden behind the plant next to the elevator on the second floor. My roommate knows."

"Okay. Do I need to know more?"

"I miss you."

"I miss you too."

"We'll leave tomorrow and everything will be okay."

"I'm scared...." I mumbled.

"We have enough friendship to survive Mi, remember we've got nothing to lose!"

I sighed softly.

"I gotta go. See you tomorrow." I said softly before laying down onto my bed.

Was I really going to do this?

*

Ashton was crying as I told him what I was planning on doing the next day.

"I'll miss you so much Mia."

"I'll miss you too Ash, but this is what I want so badly and I'm not letting go of it."

"I understand. Do I need to help pack Luke's stuff?"

"Thar would be great Ashton."

So we went to the second floor. I found the key, unlocked Luke's dorm and found no one around. Ashton packed Luke's clothes and I grabbed all his cd's and other stuff.

"Mia." Ashton spoke handing me an envelope with my name on it.

I opened it finding a letter.

You were asleep when I wrote this (we've met for the first time today) and I'm very pleased that you are going to do this with me. Under one of my snapbacks (it's a black one) is all my saved money hidden. Please take it with you and don't put it somewhere in the luggage or in the trunk but hide it somewhere else. (In case we get caught we still have the money.)

I quickly found the other envelope with money and put it behind my phone case and in my bra. I had learnt over the years that your bra was a good hiding spot for a lot of things. I continued reading the letter as Ashton moved to sit next to me.

"Can I read it too?" I nodded as I continued where I ended and Ashton read from the beginning.

I'll see you tomorrow. Don't worry too much about this. We'll do this together. Love, Luke.

I smiled and placed the letter back in the envelope folded it and slid it into my back pocket.

Ashton and I carried the luggage to our dorm. Ashton watched television as I packed my own stuff.
,
"By the way, where did you put the money?" Ashton asked looking up from the television.

"In my bra." I laughed.

"Ugh straight people." Ashton laughed.

(if you hadn't noticed yet, cashton is a thing in this book)

We ordered our last pizza together and went to sleep. I fell asleep earlier than I thought with my mind still filled with thoughts and worries about tomorrow.

--------------------------

im v excited for the next chap
& i love luke ✨💕🍕