Chapter 8

❤︎

Chapter 8

"That Yoona, she's such a bitch!" Tiffany clenched her fist in anger. 

Jessica sat in front of her with a sour face. "How dare she get close with Kongpob Suthiluck!!" She added in a screeching tone. 

It was clear that both of them were jealous of Yoona. She never comes over to talk to me anymore. It's been a week. I guess she doesn't find the time to. After all, she's always around Kongpob nowadays...The rumor about them dating must be true.

It was a free period which meant a lot of slacking off. And that was what everyone was doing in the classroom, gossiping or snacking. I didn't want to be a part of either. Joss wasn't in this class which was a disadvantage.

So, instead I decided to take a walk around the school. Everything around me was awfully quiet. The perfect atmosphere to think about things, which was not something I wanted to do. After strolling around aimlessly for several minutes, I found myself stopping in front of the junior bathroom.

This place immediately brought back memories I had tried to forget. I sighed deeply. As if I hadn't been thinking enough about Kongpob Suthiluck.

'I guess you really don't remember anything. I won't disturb you anymore then'. That was what he last told me. I didn't understand the first sentence. The second sentence was very clear. And I hadn't seen him for a week, which was a big relief...right?

But what was the remembering about? I hardly knew him, what was there to remember? It hurt my head just thinking about it. 

I entered the bathroom and ran the tap, splashing my face with water. Just then, I heard footsteps approach me and immediately turned around expecting to see Kongpob Suthiluck stalking me. "I thought you said..." I began, my face dripping with water.

Han appeared and gave me a weird look. "Hey Arthit," he said casually, opening the tap beside me and washing his hands. 

I flushed in embarrassment.. God... I thought it was Kongpob Suthiluck...I was expecting to see him. Oh gosh...

"Was someone here?" Han questioned curiously.

"Uh no," I replied hastily, feigning ignorance. "I thought you were someone else".

"Oh OK. You have a free period huh? You're lucky not to have Joss, I'm suffering here. He just won't stop bitching," he was shaking his head and looking rather distraught. It think he was hiding here after managing to flee from Joss.

I would give anything to hear Joss talk, anything to get my head off things. "He's talking non-stop about Yoona too. Isn't she your neighbor or something?" He looked at me and I nodded. I take back what I said earlier. I don't want to hear him talking about the newest couple in the school.

"Well, he's curious why Yoona is close to him. And you know what he's like...he's suddenly interested in Yoona," Han rolled his eyes.

Typical Joss, willing to do anything to get under Kongpob Suthiluck's skin.

❤︎

I straightened my tie, brushed my shirt and flattened my jumper. I didn't want to look like I had rushed here straight from school. After all, I was living just next door...

Nervously, I pushed the doorbell. All the noise around me was blocked out and I could only hear the echo of the doorbell tune.

And then, abruptly the door opened.

"Yoona," I smiled awkwardly, but my smile eventually fell as I saw another face behind her. 

"Oh hi Arthit! Kongpob is just here to help me with homework," she said, blushing deeply.