Chapter Twenty-Two

I watched Harry trying to explain things to Emily from afar. She kept throwing her arms around like she was ready to slap the shit out of him.

She crossed her arms and turned away from Harry. They didn't look like they were getting anywhere with the topic. I looked at Chuck, shaking my head and rolling my eyes.

"What!?" Chuck asked, like he didn't have a clue in the world. I rolled my eyes again.

"You know what." I said, giving him an annoyed look.

"I'm confused." Chuck said, even though he knew what I meant.

"What is wrong with you? Are you trying to break them up?" I asked.

"No, I was just joking around." Chuck whined.

I decided to ignore his stupidity. Harry walked over to us, his chest was puffed up like he was going to fight someone. He turned to me and then he turned to Chuck. He pulled up his fist and punched Chuck on his cheek.

"Oh my god! Stop!" I yelled while pulling Harry off of Chuck. Harry pushed me back, making me fall onto the ground. He looked down at me then walked away with little remorse. I got up and kneeled next to Chuck. I checked his bleeding cheek.

"Aw, it looks bad." I said while pressing my finger gently above his bruised cheek.

Chuck flinched as I touched it. I pulled his arm up and led him to my house.

"Why are you helping me, I thought you were mad at me?" Chuck asked, half leaning on me. I ignored him, I was still kind of mad. Not really anymore because he just got punched in the face.

Chuck pushed himself off the ground, attempting to stand up on his own. "I think I should just go home." He muttered. "Thanks for helping though."

"No problem, Chuck." I said. He smiled weakly, stumbling off.

I sighed, deciding it would be best for me to go home too.

"If you need help, call me.. Okay?" I half smiled. He didn't answer, he just semi-smiled back and walked away like a crippled person. I guess that's a no. I walked away too, looking back, making sure he was okay.

I finally got home. I opened the door and went straight up to my room to sleep. I got in bed and slept for about two hours until something woke me up. It was a teary-eyed Harry standing in front of my bed.