possibility #20

"don't be so nervous hyung." jungkook tried to reassure his boyfriend, but it didn't seem to help. jimin was holding his hand, biting his lip nervously. he felt the grip tighten unbelievably when the door to his house swung open.

"hey you two," jungkook's mom greeted happily, pulling them both inside, smiling kindly at jimin, "you must be jimin. jungkook never stops talking about you."

jungkook grumbled, opting to not say anything to that. jimin smiled back at the older woman, bowing in respect.

"well, come on over. i already set the table. your dad is waiting." she quickly ushered them over to the dining table where jungkook's dad was seated. jimin immediately bowed at the sight of him.

"hello mr. jeon. nice to meet you." he said in a shaky voice, letting a smiling jungkook pull him into the seat next to him. the older man only stared, eyes boring into him. they all began eating, jungkook's mom asking him a few questions here and there before his dad's voice interrupted him.

"jimin is it?" jimin nodded in response, gulping nervously, "how old are you?" he continued as he ate his food. jimin glances at jungkook who only nodded his head at him.

"i'm twenty, sir. just completed my second year of university."

jungkook's dad finally looked him in the eyes, almost glaring at him. "jungkook mentioned that you two were dating for almost a year and a half now. are you telling me you dated my son while he was underage when you were a nineteen year old adult? couldn't find any boys your own age to date?"

jungkook rolled his eyes at the question, jimin next to him frozen, mouth opening and closing, not knowing how to respond.

"i- um.."

"dad are you serious? i'm the one who asked him on a date. stop making him nervous."

"jungkook. he was nineteen."

"dad." the younger spoke firmly, looking pointedly at his dad.

jungkook's father closed his mouth, still glaring at jimin.

"we didn't do anything before he turned eighteen, i swear." jimin quickly brought up, obviously not thinking before speaking. jungkook next to him choked on his food, coughing aggressively.

"you touched my son?!" his father raised his voice, almost jumping across the table had it not been for jungkook's mom grabbing his arm.

"honey!"

"dad!"

jimin stared wide-eyed, scared out of his mind. he was glad jungkook's mom was there to stop the dad from attacking him.

"dad, seriously? don't be naive. i'm not a child anymore. jimin loves me and treats me right."

jungkook's father softened at his son's words, relaxing in his seat slightly. it's not like he hated jimin. it's just how protective he was over his youngest son, his baby. he didn't want his little boy to grow up so fast. now with junghyun out of the house, all he and his wife had was their jungkookie. the idea of their baby leaving the nest was a little heartbreaking. and as much as he didn't want it to happen, he could see how much the two boys loved each other from how often jungkook gushed about the things jimin would do for him, giggling happily when he would come home from their dates, a bouquet of flowers in his arms every time he walked through the door.

jimin treated his son like the prince he was. and he could only hope that jungkook had him in his life for a long time.

"sorry kook-ah," he relented, picking up his chopsticks, pointing it at jimin, "but you better watch your mouth boy, it's my son you're talking about."

jimin swallowed nervously, nodding his head. no matter how scared he was of this man, jimin knew jungkook was someone he wanted to be with. he could get over it for jungkook's sake.

he'd do anything for jungkook.