One | Partying

- One year later -

"JB you're on in five, let's go." Scooter pokes his head in my dressing room.

I exhale tiredly and rise from my chair. "Okay, I'm ready."

I always wanted to be a superstar. For as long as I could remember, that's what I wanted. But I never imagined that I was going to blow up as big as I did. Just twelve months ago no one knew me. Now, my face was plastered on every magazine possible, I was on every radio station, and people followed me just about everywhere I went. It wasn't a place I could go without having someone snapping my picture and seeing it all over social media. I knew it would be like this so I had no reason to complain. I released my first album which I named Believe and I was already was already on tour busting my ass to make my fans happy.

Fans.

I have fans and, I'm not talking a small circle of people. I'm talking hundreds, mabye thousands of screaming teenage girls following after me everywhere. I had fans in America, my own country Canada, England, the list goes on. They're the reason my first album ever hit number one in just two months. They're the reason why what's happening in my life is happening. And finally, my fans are the reason why I'm about to take the stage in a few minutes and do what I do best.

~*~

"Here." Scooter throws me a towel. "Get cleaned up, we're going out in a few hours."

I wipe the sweat away from my forhead. I was standing here breathing heavily and he had the nerve to tell me we were going out after I just performed for an hour and a half. All I wanted to do was go back to the hotel and sleep. "Where?"

"Chris Brown's party. What, did you forget?"

Obviously. "Scooter, can we dish this one please? I'm tired as hell."

"I know JB but you're a superstar now. You have to get use to these kind of things. Plus, you're one of the top people he's expecting to see."

I would feel bad not showing up to Chris' party. We'd grown to be close friends this past year and it just wouldn't be right for me not to go. "Alright fine. Just give me an hour to clean up."

"Make that a half hour."

"Wh--"

"Our flight leaves for LA in a few and that's the only one that's available for tonight."

I groan. "Damn, Scooter. Why do you do this to me?"

He pats my shoulder. "It's out of love man, it's all out of love. Now hurry so we can make it."

I drag myself to my dressing room and strip myself of my clothes so that I was only in my briefs. If I had it my way, I would be going back to the hotel but instead I'm traveling all the way from Georgia to LA. I can't remember the last time I was in that piece of shit city but right now I was too tired to try to.

After a steaming hot shower I was dressed in a black pullover hoodie, black pants, and black supras. When I exit the dressing room Scooter was standing on the outside all dressed up himself. He shoves a water bottle and two pills in my hand. "Take those. You're gonna need them."

"What are they?" I grab the water bottle and look at the foreign pills in my hand.

"Just take them."

"Uh, I don't do drugs so..."

He chuckles. "Relax, will you? They just help you to stay awake and full of energy."

Without second thought I shove the pills down my throat with the water following behind. Energy was exactly what I needed for tonight.

~*~