Chapter 18

Bailey

I wanted to jump off a bridge but somethings are better off.. Apart.
"Bailey.... Please..."
"Look. I cant live without you-"
"So don't."
"I honestly want to run away with you somewhere we can be free."
"We can't."
"I know. I hate my life. I want to kill myself."
"If you do EVERYTHING in my life will be over."
"No, not everything-"
"Yes! Everything! Because you are my everything."
"That's sweet.. But seriously. I don't know what I'd do without you."
"I cant either. You couldn't compare my pain to anything."
"Dude, there's people in Africa who are starving, drinking dirty water, kids all over the world getting beaten everyday-"
"Okay, I get it. But still."
Everything was ruined.
"Maybe we can try to tell her..." Cole suggested.
"I told you. She's stubborn."
"Just try it. Please."
"O-okay. Fine. She's picking me up after school. Talk to her then."
"Okay. Please don't leave me here. You're the one pushing me everyday to go to school."
"Let's just talk to her after school.."

"Hey, Bailey! And I see you have made a new friend! I'm Mrs. Greyson." My mom joyfully greeted.
"Mom, it... It's not a new friend. It's Cole."
I took off his fake piercing, and he took off his leather jacket revealing his regular clothes.
"I told you not to hang out with him!!!"
"Mrs. Greyson, please just listen. It was just a teddy bear gift." Cole explained and took it out of his pocket. "See?"
Mom walked backwards and squinted then came back.
"I do see that it seems like something else from a distance.. I'm sorry. I feel terrible now. Bailey, you are free to hang out with him whenever. He seems like a great guy. But I'd like to meet your parents."
Cole smiled at her.
"It's alright. Just a mistake it happens to anyone. You can meet my parents any time."
"Okay, thank you. Good bye Cole."
I waved good bye and went home, the happiest girl in the world.

When I went back to school, I saw Cole sitting there. Today, I was allowed to walk to school because mom trusted Cole. I waved at him and he walked towards me.
"Bailey..." Cole stuttered.
"What?"
"You're the light in the dark, you're the rainbow after the rain, you make me full of hope and joy. I'll treat you the best I can all the time. And even though I don't deserve a yes I'll still ask.. Will you go out with me?"