chapter twelve

y / n

I pushed him away, right after I said the word brother in my head. My eye was okay and he was confused. How should I explain this to him?

"Are you okay? Did I do anything—"

I got up, covering myself with my silk vest and nervously moved around. "No, you didn't! It's me, it's my fault. I just remembered that I have to do something and it's quite complicated to say, actually! Oh my god, I'm blabbering. What I mean—"

"No, I understand. Just say that you're uncomfortable, I won't mind to hear a simple word," He said with a small smile.

My cheeks started to flash a bright red colour. I heard his chuckle as he got out of the pool. The water violently moved around him. I look up to see his face. He was already looking down at me.

The tip of his hair was wet, dropping small droplets on his face. I didn't dare to look down or even have a small peek.

He suddenly went towards me, grabbing something from behind. I couldn't even move aside, he was way too quick in his moves.

He took his towel, that was behind me, putting it around his neck and drying himself. I'm literally describing everything he's doing, what kind of nonsense is this. I just said that he's like a brother to me and now I'm simping for this man.

I can't help it, that's all.

"Well I'm going first, good night," I whispered, out of shyness.

"I'll come with you." After saying that he walked beside me. I could still feel my cheeks in a burning hot temperature.

We've entered the house, drying our feet with the rug below us. Then I noticed that the lights were all off expect the ones in the kitchen. Not only the lights were on, there was Jungkook sitting on one of the stool, facing his back to us.

My heart started accelerating just for a simple glance at this man. His back was wide and the shirt that he was wearing was see through. I could see his muscles flexing at each time he moves.

I gulped down my saliva, thinking at how this man is making me feel some type of way.

"I'm going to get something to drink," I said, putting my hand on his arm to get his attention to me.

His head turned to me before sending me a small nod. "Good night," He rasped out, patting my head and ruffling it. He walked away quickly before I could even scold him.

I glance back at Jungkook, who was probably in deep thoughts right now. Left hand under his jaw, looking side ways and playing with his empty glass cup.

He looks very rude from afar and he looks like he wants to kill someone. I shouldn't approach him now. It's too risky for me to do so.

But I'll do it anyway because what's the point in living in life if you're not taking risks? Such as talking to your crush.

I took small steps towards the kitchen. His figure started to come bigger at each step. My legs started to go to the right where the fridge was at. A water bottle should be good and a small talk with him too.

I took my cold water bottle and turned around while opening the cap. We were two meters away and he still didn't look at me. Maybe he didn't noticed me?

I went to sit beside him. His body tensed for a unknown reason and his knuckles started to get white with the reassure he put on the glass.

"Hi," I said, taking the first step.

He simply hummed, barely even glancing at me. He couldn't even spare a simple minute to me? Look me in the eyes and talk? So rude.

He got up, unexpectedly, leaving his cup on the counter like it was going to wash itself. Throwing his hands in his pockets, he showed me his back and started to walk to the stairs.

Did I do something wrong?

"Where are you going? I talked to you and you just ignore me? How much ruder can you be?" I let those words slipped out of my mouth without thinking twice. He was already pissed by something and now... I worsened it.

"Don't fucking talk, I'm not in the mood to even say good night. So you better leave before I drag you to your room," He growled, still showing his back.

"I just want to talk. It's supposed to be simple, right?" I asked, jumping out of my seat so I could go behind him. More like close to him.

He finally turned around, showing his face. Eyes down to look at mine. Lips pursed and eyebrows frowned. The lights from the kitchen hit the outline of his face and his collarbone was exposed. His shoulder were wide and big making his figure more scarier than before.

I felt like a the girl in red riding hood and he was the wolf. It's the same story but he wasn't acting, he was showing his true side and he wasn't being sly.

That's when I knew that I shouldn't mess up with him. I should've let go of my stupidness before. Why do I talk to much?

"It is simple, and that wouldn't be with me. It would be with him."

Him?