"Do what Tay?"

"Don't starve yourself. Just because some dickhead clearly can't see that you're amazing doesn't mean that you should start doubting yourself."

"I'm not Taylor."

"Yes you are. I can see straight through you remember. I know what you're like"

"You never even talk to me these days. You're so salty that I'm with Matt and not you. You spend all your time with Mia when you should be with me" I say angrily.

"Oh really? Why's that huh?"

"Because I don't like sharing you" I say, not being able to come up with a better response.

"Well newsflash darling. You could have had me all to yourself but you chose Matt so don't give me that"

"You chose Mia before I chose Matt"

"And I'm glad I did. I can't keep waiting around for you Sky. You can't keep stringing me along all my life." He shouts back at me.

"I'm not"

"How is Matt huh? Oh that's right. He's not answering your texts or responding to your calls is he? Great boyfriend you got there Sky"

"You know nothing Taylor. You're with Jake's sloppy seconds aren't you"

"At least I haven't been a slut and kissed all the boys living in this house right now."

"I haven't done that either idiot"

"At least I don't have a brother who threatened to kill me"

"Shut up. You're so stupid Taylor. You can't even spell your own name half of the time. You have no right to judge me" I say storming out.

---

I sit in math staring at the board but not paying attention. I can't believe Taylor.

"Skylar?" My teacher calls grabbing my attention.

"Yeah?" I ask looking up at her

"What's the answer? You've had 10 minutes to work it out." She says tapping the board. I haven't done it. I've been too mad at Taylor this whole day to concentrate. "Sky, I really expected better of-"

"16 over pi" I say working it out instantly. She looks at the board and then to her notes. She looks astonished that I got that right.

"Correct. Well done. Hands up who else got that?" She asks the class. I look around to see no hands are in the air- not even the little guy behind Matt with the 4.2 average. Matt turns to look at me.

"Congrats smartie pants" He laughs. I smile innocently back at him and then return to my worksheet.

---

"So I was thinking" Matt says as he and Jake join me in the corridor on our way out of the school.

"Go steady" I laugh

"Haha" He says sarcastically. "Prom's coming up soon"

"Is it?" I ask

"Yeah, a month. Don't tell me you haven't got a dress"

"Nope" I laugh

"Well anyway. Jake's taking Avery. And I thought, considering that I'm the only guy you like at this school other than him- you might wanna go with me?" He asks nervously. I frown at him. Surely my boyfriend should take me? "Like as friends I mean. I know you've got your boyfriend but people who aren't students aren't allowed to go so I thought you might want someone so you didn't turn up on your own?"