Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Harry and Lil stepped out of the back room and Liam tried not to make it obvious that he was listening to their conversation. Lil went to the docking area so she could go outside for a smoke. Liam tapped the counter as Harry walked by to grab his attention. “Harry, what was that about?”

Harry shook his head and sat on the bar stool in front of Liam, “It’s nothing, just something that happened last night.”

Liam slammed his hand on the counter and made Harry jump, “Harry, you can’t go around sleeping with the people you work with, Max doesn’t play that game! He will fire you.”

Harry laughed at Liam, “Liam, no! I didn’t sleep with her, it was the dream. She was concerned.”

Liam sighed in relief, “Thank God. Max will fire you at the drop of a hat if you fuck up, don't give him a reason to."

Harry shook his head, "It's not like that at all. I was just getting to know my coworker. She was asking about my dream because some odd things have been going on lately."

Liam nodded and motioned toward the back of the building, "Okay, I believe you, but, for now, focus on work. Ask Lil to show you how to switch the draft keg."

Harry swung his torso around and his lower half moved with it as the bar stool swiveled. He stood up and walked toward the back. Lil was just coming inside from her smoke break. Something was different about her, she seemed... Scared.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head to the right a bit, "You alright?" he asked.

Lil nodded and rubbed her face, "did, uh...' She paused for a second to recall her thought. It had been pushed out of her mind by the thought of her recent encounter with the mysterious "G". "Did Liam have something for you to do?"

Harry nodded and pointed to doors that lead under the building into the cellar and coolers, "Could you show me how to exchange the kegs for the tap?" Lil nodded and motioned for Harry to follow her down the stairs.*

Lil pushed the large metal door with great force. It swung open and slammed against the wall. She stepped out and marched down the steps and half way across the lot before the door had even returned to its original position. She pulled out her pack of cigarettes and slid one from its place in the pack then lit it with the lighter she had in her opposite hand.

A voice muttered something behind her and she pivoted around quickly. Her first thought was that it was Harry, but she wasn't that lucky. It was a man with dark hair wearing a black suit with a black dress shirt and a crimson tie. It was him, the man from Harry's room, the shadow figure.

The initial on the lighter stood for Gerard, or Gee. He was the reason Lil was there, he sent her to LA. "What?" Lil asked.

"I said; you know cigarettes can kill you, right?"

Lil chuckled and shook her head, "You act like it matters."

Gerard leaned against the chain link fence, "Lil, I warned you about getting close to these people."

"I'm not getting close to anyone." Lil retorted.

Gerard cleared his throat and when he spoke again the voice that sounded from his throat wasn't his own. It was Lil's voice, "Harry, whatever you do, don’t let him touch you, even if it’s only in a dream." He mimicked.

"I'm not getting close, I was just...' She sighed and pushed her thumb and fore finger into her eyes, "I don't know what I was doing. Why are you so interested in him anyway?" She spat.

"Because, he's just like the rest of them, he's been at that point, you know?' He pulled a single cigarette from his pocket and held his hand out for Lil's lighter. She pulled it out of her pocket and handed it to him; he lit his cigarette and took a deep breath. His lighter was still sitting on Harry's nightstand. As he finished his sentence smoke bellowed from his mouth and nose, "He's stood at my front gates and turned back. I can't have that, he will be mine."