Don't Jinx It

"I want you to move in with me." Derek suddenly told me when I got back from his kitchen with a cup of coffee.

Alec was napping in his own room here in Derek's apartment. Anyway, I think I almost choked on my coffee upon hearing my Alpha say those words. I walked towards him and sat next to him on the couch. I quickly set aside my cup on the coffee table and then turned towards him. His face looked tired, sullen and quite frankly, a bit tense.

"D-Derek, why are you asking me this?" I asked first as I witnessed his eyes softened at the slight touch of my hand on his thigh. He gently placed his hand on top of mine and said, "Stiles, I want you to move in with me."

"Yea, but why all of a sudden, Derek? I mean, aren't you moving a bit too fast? It's only been what? Three, four months since we've been together." I reasoned with him only to get a frown and a clenched jaw.

"Derek, I need to know why you want us to move in. Please." I muttered as I took his hand and rubbed it against my cheek. I heard him sigh and say, "It's just that... I'm sick and tired of coming home to an empty apartment..."

Oh.

I stared at him for quite some time, just trying to process his words. He actually does have a point right now. I barely come home to my apartment nowadays, and when I do, it's just to pick up some change of clothes for Alec or if Derek was busy at work and couldn't entertain us.

I breathed in deep and said, "I understand where you're coming from but would you please give me some time to think about it?"

Finally, his face softened and then took me into his arms, "I understand. I'll let you think about it. I won't be upset if you say no. Your happiness and Alec's well-being are my priority right now, okay?"

**

"He asked me to move in with him."

"It's about time!"

"Right on, bro!"

Allison and Scott both said at the same time and I stared at them incredulously. I thought they'd start spouting things about Derek moving too fast or something.

"Seriously? No arguments whatsoever from you guys?" I asked them as I gave them both a bottle of beer.

Scott flashed a grin at me and said, "No arguments, man. Besides, we know Derek. He's the type of guy who would definitely be interested in the long run. I mean, I know that you two have only been together for almost 4 months but for an Alpha like Derek Hale, it's actually no surprise."

"I agree with Scott. I've known Derek for quite some time and I know that he will do anything to ensure you guys happiness. Also, I think Alec would definitely love moving in with his Papa." Allison reassured me as she sipped her bottle of beer and smiled back at me.

Alec WILL definitely love that idea. He always sported a pout whenever we would head home to the apartment without his Papa and same with Derek. For some reason, I think I'm the only second-thinking things.

"Whatever you decide to do, make sure it makes you happy."

Those were my Dad's last words to me before he died and I think it totally makes sense now.

**

A/N: Oops! Sorry for the late and short update. I'll be posting the next update later this week, okay? :)