Hidden Secrets [50]

Progression, and it stopped

Dan's point of view

I made my way into her room with a cup of coffee for Georgina, she had been up here all night and all day and now it was time for me to take over and let her get some rest, she still hadn't been home since Miya was brought in and that was something I was glad of and that I knew Miya would be glad of too.

"hi Dan." She said quietly letting go of Miya's hand and wiping her eyes

"hi, you can get off now, Lloyd is outside in his car waiting for you, literally outside the entrance."

"thank you, ok." she said taking the coffee out of my hand.

As she was about to leave when machines began to sound and nurses came running in to see to her, me and Georgina stood and watched what was going on the nurses were fiddling with her wires and pressing buttons on the machines, I watched Miya carefully studying her body for any signs at all, then as the last machine went quiet, her chest came forward and she searched for a breathe of fresh air, inhaling and then choking on the tubes coming out of her mouth, the nurses removed them carefully and her eyes flicked open and then squinted as the light caught her eyes. He doctor came over to the other side of the room to speak to us.

"well she is stable and awake as you can see, which is a good sign, but she might not be like this for very long she could go back into a coma at any moment, but we will keep a nurse in here to watch over things, and monitor her closely."

"so what happens if she doesn't go back into a coma?"

"we can wait up to 3 days, and if her obs are fine and she is alert we can disconnect some more machines and then she should be fine but the next few days while she is awake is critical."

"thank you." Georgina said, as the doctor left, a nurse still stood at her left side as we went over and joined her, Georgina grabbed her hand and kissed it several time.

"mum." She said using her voice for the first time over the last few days.

"yes honey."

"stay. Here. please." she croaked, taking a breathe after each word

"honey, I would love to but I have to get some sleep, I'm sorry."

"you. Can't. Go. Home."

"I'm not don't worry, Lloyd is here to pick me up, I've been here all night and I really need some rest I will see you tomorrow, sorry honey."

"where. Are. You. Staying?" she said catching her breath again

"at Lloyds, I haven't seen Will for a few days only been home when he hasn't been there." I watched as Miya turned her head away from us and towards the nurse at the sound of Will's name.

Georgina had left and I sat next to her in the armchair

"you don't know how much you scared all of us."

"he did this to me."

"we know." I watched her as the tears began to roll out of her eyes, as she still lay silently still. We talked for the next few hours, about anything to keep her mind off of him, the name I dreaded to say in front of her. I watched as the nurse stood at the end of her bed writing on sheets of paper.

"watch out for my mum please while I'm in here." she whispered, still with a slight croak to her voice.

"I will don't worry, we have been while you have been in your coma, she's been staying at your dads with Julie, George and Vanessa, and then with Lloyd and his mum.