Part 8: Sunday Bloody Sunday

Monday, September 18th, 1989: Over the weekend Axl has tried to call me a thousdand times. He's sent flowers and ton of different gifts to me, all of which just sit in my closet untouched. I wanted nothing to do with him anymore. This is the only way to get him to understand that it really is over.

        I was starting to get used to life without him until I went to school that Monday and saw him. He was standing by a tree near school, leaning up against it, staring intently at me with a half smile on his face. I couldn't believe my eyes. I tried to hurry into school before he tried anything but he didn't. He just stood there watching me.

        I went to my chemistry class and sat in my usual seat next to Kelly. "That was really creepy." I said. "What was?" Kelly asked. "I saw Axl outside standing by a tree watching me. It was the scariest thing ever." "Brooke, I thought you got away from him?" "Well I can't stop him from coming here!" I yelled out of frustration.

        I quieted down when I saw our teacher Mrs. Robertson walk in. She had a grave look on her face as she set down her purse and took off her sweater. "Kids, I'm afraid I have some bad news." Kelly and I looked at each other at the same time, both our hearts pounding fast.

        "Randy's been found murdered yesterday." when I heard that my whole body went numb. I was so in shock that I didn't hear anything else she said. That one sentence kept replaying over and over in my mind. Randy's dead? That's not possible. I thought. 

        I looked out the window and saw someone standing off in the distance staring in this direction. I began to break out in a cold sweat. It was Axl. I didn't realize what I had gotten myself into until that moment. There was no escaping him.