bad feelings

i didn't wanna get up.

i really didn't wanna get up.

but i didn't really have a choice in the matter.

"we could just skip school and say you're sick, dumbass"

"yeah... let's do that," i mumble, about to go back to sleep when my phone goes off. groaning, i have venom pick my phone up and hold it up in front of my face, squinting at the brightness of it before my eyes adjust.

hito: are you alright? do you need me to come with you?

i just let out a small sigh, taking the phone in my own hands to reply.

me: i think i'll be alright. you don't need to come. i'm just gonna skip today, say i'm sick, ya know? love you, hito

hito: ok, but if you need anything, i'm here. give her my respects, too

even though i know he can't see me, i nod, having venom place the phone back on the desk and roll onto my side, attempting to go back to sleep.

only for someone to knock on the door.

fucking dammit.

groaning, i get up, further wrapping my super soft fuzzy as shit blanket around me, and go to the door. opening it, i close my eyes at the bright light filtering in.

"what do you want?"

"whoa, you ok, rin-chan?" my eyes open tiredly at the voice, seeing mina, kyoka, and kaminari standing in the hallway. the pink haired girl, who had asked the question, was looking at me worriedly, but so were the other two, but kyoka especially. i sigh, nodding slightly and closing my eyes again.

"i just feel sick. i'm gonna stay behind and sleep it off. bring me the work, please?" i ask, opening my eyes to see the trio nod to say they would. as the other two walk off, kyoka lags behind and reaches out to squeeze my hand, making me smile weakly at her.

"you sure you're ok?" she questions softly, worry evident in her eyes.

"yeah, kyoka. i'm fine."

i lean down and kiss her forehead quickly then pull away, smiling as she blushes brightly then rushes off. i sigh, closing the door and further shutting me off from the cursed light, and venom pops up.

"we going while they're all at school, or do we wanna sleep the day off and then go later?" he asks with a blank tone, but i know that he's hurting, too.

"i'm gonna nap for awhile. see if i can get some sleep. can you try to keep the nightmares away?"

venom sighs, pretending to be inconvenienced, but we both know that he's just putting on a show. he needs something to distract himself from his thoughts on this particular day, and warding off my stupid nightmares seems to do the trick just fine.

falling onto the bed, venom retreats back into my body, and i try to get into the most comfortable position i can be in while in my little cocoon.

as a few stray thoughts flash through my brain, i let out a shaky breath and heat builds up in my eyes.

in the end, i managed to fall asleep.