[8] It All Started Again

The week went by pretty quickly the snow had begun to clear and before I know it, it was Friday and dad was home again, I came in from school to shouting from the floor above, and as I slammed the door, the shouting stopped and another door slammed, this time one from upstairs, the bathroom door, just at the top of the stairs, no one came down for the next hour, no doors opened, no doors closed, and then the shouting began again, like they had forgotten I was even in the house, this time it was louder, much louder, mum was practically crying. I grabbed my phone and keys and headed out of the house and over to Carly's, knocking on the door as hard as I could, knowing that she was home alone.

“Miya, we’re sorry come back please.” mum shouted across the green, I was still hammering on the door, but there were was no reply, tears had now began to fall, exploding out of my eyes and down my cheeks like a river bursting its backs, I turned to see my mum still standing at the door way of the porch watching me, I slid down the front door of Carly’s house, and cried into my hands.

“Miya, what's wrong?” a familiar voice said

“nothing it’s fine.” I stressed, catching my breath wiping the tears and looking up to see Dan standing directly in front of me.

“this isn’t nothing come on.” He held out his hand for me to take, I pulled myself up and he walked me back to his house, mum was still watching from the porch, I headed into the hall behind Dan, the house quiet.

“Is anyone here?” I sniffed the odd tear falling

“Only me and you, now talk what's wrong?”

“I’ve had enough with it all.”

“With all what?

“The fighting, they always fight whenever he’s home, and I hate it.”

“Who always fight? Miya come on explain it to me.”

“My mum and dad.” I sniffed again “you know I told you my mum was hiding something from me and that whenever my dad is home they always argue.” I sniffed again

“Yea?” he said handing me a box of tissues

“Well they were arguing again, when I got home from school and as soon as I shut the door it stopped.” I shuddered, as I wiped a tissue across my eyes. “Then an hour later it all started up again, so I legged it out of the house, to Carly’s but she wasn't home. I thought she would have been.”

“Miya come on, they’ll sort things out.” He said hugging me tightly

“That’s the thing, I don't think they will.” I replied into his chest, my arms wrapped firmly around his waist.

“you shouldn’t think of things like that, they will sort things out, I'm always here for you.” He pulled away.

I spent that Saturday with Carly and then the Sunday with Lloyd, I tried my best to avoid the arguments coming from my house, but things seemed strange this morning as I got ready for school, dad was up, mum was up and there was not one shout from either of them, no arguments were going on, was Dan right? Would they sort things out, was everything ok? but I thought that to soon as I walked down the second flight of stairs, talking turned into screams from my mum and shouting from dad, I was kind of glad to be leaving the house for school, when Carly text me saying she was ready, I left the pair of them screaming at each other, I fought off the tears, and just forgot about everything and everyone, when we reached school. The day went by slowly, and I had no aggravation from the wanna be it girls, as Taylor wasn't there, and when I got home the house was quiet, dad wasn't home and neither was mum.

I re-read the letter that dad had got me from Miley Cyrus and played around with some chords on my guitar for a while. The week went by and I began to revise for my science exam for the Wednesday ahead. It was soon Friday and me and Carly where up in my room getting ready for a night at an under 18’s night at the local club. We left around seven and arrived outside the club at half past, we had a good night, with Hannah, Maddie and Jasmine, and some of more friends from other schools that we had met there before, mum came to collect us at 11, dropping some of the girls off at Hannah’s. When we got home, still nothing had really been said between me and my mum, things seemed awkward, and I was glad dad wasn't going to be home for a couple of weeks.