[22]

22| desire

JEON JEONGGUK

"It's not gonna happen", I say calmly, trying to control my anger. "Oh come on, Jeon. We both know it's your fault she ran off", the voice of the other Alpha beams through the little speaker of my phone.

"Listen, Choi. I have nothing to do with the decisions she made back then. It was her choice to leave", I say, not changing the tone in my voice as I speak to the Alpha. "Alpha Jeon, the second I accepted her wishes and let her go, you were responsible for her", the Alpha now growls angrily.

"That doesn't mean I'll have to go on with this, Choi", I say, gritting my teeth when I speak out his name. "You have my answer." I hang up, placing the phone on the table and taking some deep breaths to control my anger.

It was my fault. I know. I should have listened to her. I was too late with that..

But then a flashback flies through my head. A memory of a very recent event, last night.

I heard footsteps coming closer, a hand softly being placed on my arm and I look up to him. "That's not your fault, Alpha. If she was capable of doing this, being so cruel, she doesn't deserve you", he says with such soft beautiful eyes. I wanted to believe him, he looked angelic, so genuine. How could someone like him being able to lie? But I let out a bitter chuckle, averting my eyes from the beautiful boy who had me mesmerized the last days. Had my head spinning and mind work overnight.

"I don't need your sympathetic words, Taehyung", I growl lowly trying to control myself to not get hypnotized by his scent, voice, and touch. I know he frowned softly as he moved his hand away. He is way too sensitive and innocent. "She left and it made me realize she was right. I had to man up, so I did. I went to my father and accepted my new future, being the Alpha, the King. He trained me. Showed me how the world really is and I let him destroy that weak little boy inside me."

I glanced over at the now lip-biting puppy. A frown adorning his soft face features as his eyes held a layer of confusion. He looked absolutely beautiful here in the moonlight, no one could deny this. Yet I can't help but wish to see that frown fade.

"That's awful", he mumbles and hear myself let out a scoff. "It was the right thing to do." "It wasn't, Alpha. You did something because others wanted you to, you still do, why do you think I'm standing here right now? Did you ever think about what you want?" he says and I sigh softly, turning his way and looking right in his eyes. He's an open book, I know what he thinks, how innocent, how unknown. He doesn't know what I got myself into when I accepted my fate.

"What I want does not matter", I answer, looking closer and seeing much more than innocence and him being unknown. I see worry, sadness, anger. I felt the need to wash them away, wipe those feelings out of his system, and let him smile all the time. But I got to stay strong

"It does. You're the Alpha. The King. You can do whatever you want. What do you want, Alpha? Right now, what do you desire?" he asks with a frown. "What I want right now is not very appropriate, Taehyung."

I see his posture change. I know that the way I spoke out his name to him made goosebumps run over his body. I can't help it. Seeing him care enough to go on and try making me feel better. A desire I've never felt before races through my veins, making me want to step closer to the Omega. Makes my hands itch and in need to feel his curvy body in my hands, to follow the dip of his waist down to his hip and pull him flush against mine.

"What?" he squeaks out, visibly confused but also thinking to know it. But I got out of my dream. This isn't supposed to happen. This was not the reason my parents wanted me to marry an Omega. I look away from him, stepping away and turning back.

"Nothing", I growl as distant as I can and lean against the fountain again. I close my eyes, trying to keep JK calm as he already found the Omega very interesting. But Taehyung's next words were not helping "Jeongguk are you okay?"

The way his o so soft voice spoke out my name for the first time, it rolled off his tongue as if it was meant to do so. I turn towards him, seeing him look upwards towards me with those innocent doe eyes, I felt something but inside me.

I step closer, hand going up and cups his chubby cheek and body leaning down to match his height. I didn't give him a proper chance to react and push my lips against his. I could hear his heart stop beating for just a mere second before it starts beating like crazy. I let my hand sneak around his waist, feeling no resistance.

And he kissed back. Trembling hand going up to my neck and letting his arm wrap around it. I could feel my own heart beating faster, following the rhythm of Taehyung's heart.

I leaned more forward, making him look more upwards and making him look even tinier than he already was and my thumb moved on its own, caressing Taehyung's soft skin.

Then I let go. Looked down at Taehyung and saw the stars in his eyes. He is so beautiful.

I look up when the door opens and sees a guard. "Where is Taehyung?" I ask before the guard could say something.

"He waited here first but walked outside just some minutes ago", the guard says and I sigh, not knowing if I should go after him or not.

I sit down in my chair and grab my pen a bit annoyed. I never felt like this with someone. I've kissed before, only my mate though, but still someone. Even with her, I didn't feel this... this overwhelmed.

"Alpha. I came to report that we found another shapeshifter." "Lock him down", I answer and get up. "We did, do you want to speak with him, Alpha?" the guard asks as I walk past him and we leave my office. "Maybe later", I humm, not really interested in his story as my instincts tell me I should go here.

And soon enough I know why? That friend of Taehyung walks in, holding his chest which has a knife planted in it and tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Help, T-Tae", he begs and points towards the door. "Please." I immediately push the guard towards the boy and run outside, being met with a sight that made my blood boil.

A middle-aged woman, holding Taehyung's limp body by his arms. I was quick to detach her from him, breaking her neck with an easy snap and catching Taehyung's body before it hit the ground.

I pulled him up, close to my body as I felt he was freezing cold. His eyes were closed, but luckily he breathed softly, he isn't dead. I lift him, carry him into the house where people are running around, some maids helping Taehyung's friend and Yoongi ordering other guards to defend the borders with more guards.

"What happened? I got a mindlink from Minghao", Yoongi says as he walks my way and looks at Taehyung. "Shapeshifters. Get Namjoon", I say and Yoongi nods before stopping with walking and mindlinking my Beta.

I go to Taehyung's room and place him on his bed carefully, the maid I pointed out to be Taehyung's and a doctor running in not much after.

"O my god! Will he be okay?" Sojung asks and hovers over Taehyung, but the doctor carefully pulls her back. "Hello, Alpha", he says and bows as he looks at Taehyung.

"Please allow me to check up on the future Luna", he says and I nod, giving him permission to touch him. I watch as the doctor does some tests with him, not trusting anyone at the moment.

Until Yoongi and Namjoon walk in. "Kim, leave", I say and the blond girl nods as she leaves immediately, only looking over her shoulder once.

"I think we need to get you too married and mated as soon as possible, Jeongguk. Only then you know when he's in danger and he can mindlink you."

These were the first words I heard Namjoon say, and I knew he was right.

I. Hate. School.
-prob everyone but eH

How are you guys? Hope you're healthy and happy! I love y'all ♡

xx Ally