Present

-
I figured I should go back to the school grounds, so I left the warehouse.
It was lucky it was away from the area that the people were earlier, so I was able to leave without much problem.

Flying into the sky I hovered there for a minute before I heard Eri's voice again.
It wasn't as far away from me as I expected.

The city was still pretty crowded since it was the middle of the day, so it was a bit harder to find her.

"Please help me."
I heard her broken voice again as I flew down to where I heard her.

She was holding on to Deku with another blonde guy standing beside him.
Kai was there but it seemed he hadn't noticed me hovering above them.

"Eri, is there something wrong?"
I questioned flying down to her and watching her eyes brighten seeing me standing behind Deku.

The blonde guy seemed to be questioning me but his eyes widened after a moment.
"Kai, I told you you made a deal with the devil. Do you have a death wish?"

I questioned sauntering up to him and pinning his neck against the wall with my hand choking him.
"I don't Angel, but I did need a way to get you back to me. This was the only real way I saw fit."

He admitted while I gripped tighter and looked at Eri, she looked a tiny bit scared but not nearly as bad as when I saw her before.

"I'm sorry (y/n)."
She muttered under her breath while she hugged Deku, leaving the blonde guy speechless.

"If you're hurt in anyway, you tell me and I'll crush his windpipe right here and now."
I seared unconsciously, I didn't mean to sound so harsh when I said that but she shook her head anyways.

"I'm okay, he's not hurting me anymore."
She said quietly while Deku rubbed her back and my gaze went back to Kai.

"I told you I'm a man of my word, all I want is a little chat. I'll leave Eri to the hero's even, I don't mind. I just want some alone time with you."
Kai purred as I let my grip go on his neck.

It really was a lot harder to hear him over the mask but I understood non the less.
Deku and the blonde guy were both just staring at me, Eri was turned away but she wasn't crying or anything.

"Deku can you watch her? I'll make this quick."
I said while Kai chuckled softly to himself.

"W-wait you're that hero from before! I've never seen you around!"
The blonde dude eventually called out while I let out a sigh and waved at the two while I walked with Kai down the alley.

We waited a few moments of walking in silence before he began rubbing his hands in front of himself.
It was the end of the alleyway now and we both turned to the left to head to a fairly busy section of the city.

"Might I ask why you're being Dabi's personal bodyguard?"
He said now tensing his shouldered as I walked beside him.

"I defend those that I like, it's nothing new."
"I see, but I don't see how you could love a heartless monster like him. Sure you've killed many more but that was during a war, his is just for fun."

Kai taunted while we walked past large groups of people, I was hoping people wouldn't notice me as we walked. But mostly they were paying attention to Kai with his mask.