chapter 33

Authors note: I know I said I was going to do a Peeta poverty at 220 votes but Honestly it wouldn't fit into the story right now so I'm going to put his pov on hold until the time is right. >:) His pov will probably come up around the next three chapters or so but continue to vote! Because other povs are going to fit in very well after this chapter!

Also: I had no time to update yesterday... I was at a banquet and got home and had no time. :/

Sooo. Enjoy!

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

"ALSO TRIBUTES TOMORROW AT DAWN THERE IS GOING TO BE CARE PACKAGES.... SOMETHING YOU NEED WHETHER IT BE FOOD, CLOTHES, AND OR MEDICAL AID."

I gasp. Two tributes can win and now they are giving us something we need. Can it be something that can help us survive? Cato and I could go home...together! I look over at Cato who has a huge grin on his face. I feel myself smile, amused by his joy. His face hardens and he looks deep in thought.

"What's wrong?" I ask walking over to him.

"I'm not going to let you go to the cornucopia tomorrow. Too dangerous and I don't want to lose you again. Clove is definitely going to be there and she has already threatened you as is." He says firmly.

"Um, let me remind you that I got an ELEVEN as a score and you got a nine. I think I know how to take care of myself. " I say.

"Yes but let's not forget who ran away and then got themselves all cut up by Clove." His eyes turning an icy blue.

"Yes but you also broke your promise on keeping me safe."

"I never broke that promise, you got hurt but you didn't die."

"Cato you don't get it do you. I was so close to giving up. Letting myself die. When I was unconscious, it was like I was in paradise. I wanted to die. While I was unconscious I wanted to give up, let go but I didn't.I knew it would hurt prim, my mother, Gale and you. Cato I'm a fighter and I'm going to keep fighting. So I'm going whether you like it or not!" I stormed off.

I needed to come up with a plan. Sneaking out a midnight so I'll be at the cornucopia in the morning sounded good. So I pretended to be asleep and waited till everyone was out before standing up. I looked for my bow. It wasn't were I left it. I had a feeling Cato took it. I look up, sighing at the sky. I see something shine in a tree. My bow. I smile, I was glad I didn't tell Cato that I was good at tree climbing. I look for the easiest spot to put my foot in. I hopped up grabbing a branch. It wasn't a very sturdy branch but it'll do. I wobble a little before pulling my self up to the next branch. Obviously Cato can't climb trees very well. My bow wasn't high or hard to grab. I unhooked it from the branch almost falling. My heart drop as I sucked in my breathe. My bow may have not been up high but it was still a good twelve foot drop. I threw my bow over my shoulder and continued down the tree. I put my foot on the next branch and it snapped. I knew I should've broken that stupid branch when I had the chance. I was sliding down the tree, cutting myself all over my arms and face. I could feel myself falling backwards as I neared the ground. I felt two strong pairs of hands grab my waist and thigh. Crap. I was caught. I didn't want to look at Cato but when I did look up it was Peeta.

"What are you- " He pressed his finger to my lips.

"I'm coming with you." He says.

"No, your not. Your going to go back to sleep and pretend you never saw anything. "

"That's not possible. You made way to much noise falling out of a tree and I did see something so yeah I'm coming."

"I didn't "fall" out of a tree. I slipped. and your not coming. It's to dangerous! "

"Then I should come because it's too dangerous. To protect you." He smirks.

"I don't need protection! Why do you guys think I need help? It's because I'm a girl right? A weak good for nothing girl am I right?"

"No, Katniss Not at all. But if I come with you it's better than going by yourself."

"Not true." I retort.

"Okay your right, I shouldn't go with you, just wait a sec I'll wake up

Cato." He says walking towards Cato.

"You wouldn't." I say.

"Test me." He says his eyes glinting. He smirks when I turned walking in direction of where the cornucopia was. He laughs and follows me.

"So what do you think they are going to have for us? " He wonders out loud.

"I honestly don't care what they have for us." I tell him.

"What do you mean? Isn't that why we are going to the cornucopia? " He asks.

"Maybe for you.... but I'm going to say a little hello to Clove."

Authors note: I really loved writing this chapter! If you loved it to vote!