Found you!

"Aha, finally found you!" Kodi exclaimed waltzing up to Greene who was hidden in another empty classroom.

"I wasn't really hiding." Greene quipped with a nonchalant gaze.

"Sure you weren't. So what're you doing in here?"

"Reading," Green mumbled flashing her cellphone. Truthfully she was avoiding him and everyone else. She was in one of her moods, one where she desired peace and quiet.

"Let me see." Kodi spoke bouncing on his feet over to Greene, snatching her phone up. It seemed to come all too naturally to him now. Luckily Greene pressed her power button before he could see anything. Greene wasn't truly reading, instead she was scrolling through Addy's inactive instagram page. Which was littered in wholesome photos of the girl, her friends, and family.

"Open it." Kodi whined with the stomp of his foot.

"Why, I said I was just reading, must you see that?" Greene sneered becoming agitated, right now she really required her peace. She needed something to calm her mind. The photos were doing just that. Now here she is having to deal with Kodi and his brat ways.

"Because I want to see, now open it!" Kodi screeched, smushing the phone to Greene. The girl really didn't want to lose her cool, she really hoped and prayed in the back of her mind that she didn't blow a fuse. If anything was scary, it was Greene angry. That would ruin any chance of ruining Kodi.

All she wanted was peace and quiet.

All she wanted was to gaze longingly at Addy through a dully lit phone screen.

All she wanted was to stop slowly losing her mind.

All she wanted was peace.

Why was that so hard to ask for? Why wouldn't the universe stop playing with the strings of her heart. Why wouldn't her mind just stop. Why wouldn't the pain cease.

"Open it, I said."

Greene stared at her fingers that were splayed flat on the school desk.

Couldn't she have the peace she so desired? Why couldn't she?!

"And I said no! I told you I was reading, so leave me alone you little shit." Greene growled lowly, losing the last grip of control she had left. Maybe she should've taken her medication today, then again it wasn't often she did.

Kodi took a step back, noticing just how menacing Greene's gaze had turned.

"My phone!"

Kodi looked at his hand, startled. Frozen in place.

"Give me my fucking phone! Now!"

Kodi carefully set the phone down on the desk, having snapped from his trance. He looked at his hands shaking as he did so. He didn't know what to do now. He just stood slack in place. This did not sound like Greene, even if she had insulted him and pretended to be angry once in the restroom. Even with all her words and actions, this was different. Even Kodi knew that much. Her tone had dropped an octave, and her eyes had darkened. This wasn't Greene at all. And that part scared Kodi. It shook him to his core. He had came to just mess and converse with the girl. Even though in the forefront of his mind was the kiss(es) and the way she handled him. The sweet nicknames, and doings, it made his stomach somersault. Which he was slowly coming to terms with.

"A-Are you o-okay?" Kodi stuttered, a meekness surrounding him.

What he didn't expect to hear was a chuckle. A chuckle that held so much venom, it reminded him of his father. He surely didn't expect for Greene to turn her gaze to him, with a smile that haunted his very bone.

"Am I okay...? Hm let's see Kodi, am I okay?" Greene gradually got louder, "I'm fucking swell Kodi, I'm so great I could do a cartwheel. No Kodi, I'm doing wonderfully, I'm losing my fucking mind but I'm okay." Even though she said his name, he wasn't sure she was addressing him. Maybe she just needed to say it aloud. 

"I'm sorry." Kodi knew not why he said those two words as low as a whisper. He knew not why he was sorry, or what for. In fact the statement had just slipped out.

"Ohoho, Kodi McLellan is sorry! He's apologizing to little old me. For what Kodi?! Why are you apologizing! Are you the reason I'm going mad?"

Kodi felt the thickness of the room surrounding him. Her words were like sharp edged knives, cutting into his skin. He felt tears well in his eyes, he didn't even know why.

Greene abruptly stood from her seat making Kodi try to compose himself in the least.

"Wait wait don't go, please I'm so sorry for messing with you. I shouldn't have done that." Kodi almost sobbed as a couple tears began running down his porcelain skin. His cheeks flushed pink.

Greene stared at the smaller, her eyes softening. It dawning on her that she lost her cool—if she ever was to begin with.

"Look Kodi..." Greene sighed rubbing a hand through her hair. The situation escalated so quickly, I guess it couldn't have been helped she thought.

"Please...please don't call me that."

Greene almost wanted to quirk a brow at him. Did the kiss really change his mind about her so quickly? Greene tilted her head curiously before proceeding, "Princess(?)...I..I'm sorry I yelled at you, I'm sorry I blew my fuse. That—That was, I can't even explain it to you." Greene truly didn't know what to say. She knew one thing though, that anger, that outburst could've been unleashed on anyone. That she knew. Perhaps it's one of those episodes her psychiatrist is always describing. At times like this—in her "sane" mind, she thought it would be good to take her pills for once, like she was supposed to.

"No, no, no, this is my fault. I can never do anything right. I always fuck everything up. I should've just let the reading stuff go. I always do this to myself."

If Greene knew anything in this moment. The two were both fucked up. Mentally, emotionally, spiritually. All of the above. That much was clear.

A/N

Yo, guys, I have no idea what might Greene's diagnosis be. Clearly its something she struggles with mentally but I truthfully have no way to tell you guys other than description.

Also I think it's nice to have some inclusitivioty with a character like this. One with struggles, real world problems etc. etc.

I also think this is a book where I can raise awareness for mental health. Seeing as to the eye of people at school Greene may seem rather normal yet in her head she is dealing with so much more.

Alsoooo my writing is in thee slightest underwhelming, sorry, teehee, toodles.

Okay but wait! School is upsetting me and my  homegirls.