Little Detective

Azrael's pov

I stared up at the ceiling wide awake as I could not sleep. My husband laid next to me fast asleep at the hours went on. I decided to get up and go downstairs. I stood up and looked at the time. It was five-thirty in the morning. I walked out of our room in silence and walked down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen and poured water in a ketal to make tea. I stood at the window in the kitchen looking out into the dark winter wonderland. We had just had our first Christmas as a family and now it was all going to change. I stared for what felt like hours until I heard the whistle of the ketal. I walked over and grabbed my mug. I poured the water into the mug and the tea bag swirled in the water. I walked over to the table and sat down. With the warmth of the cup in my hands, I stared at the table. I spaced out as I felt the warmth leave the cup. I lost track of time as thoughts consumed me. "My word Mistress Azrael, what on earth are you doing up?" Alfred asked shocked as he saw me awake. My head snapped in his direction. Alfred looked into my eyes and concern formed in his soft eye blue eyes. Alfred sat down next to me and placed his hand on mine. "What is troubling you Azrael?" He asked softly. I felt tears began to dampen my eyes. "I.." I suddenly broke down and let my tears fly. Alfred placed his hand on my back and begun to rub my back. "I have done...well it wasn't really just me." I gasped out between tears. "Azrael I will not pass judgment on you," Alfred said causing me to furrow my brows. "Wha. Oh, my dad no. I didn't have an affair, Alfred." I assured him as I lowered my head. Alfred sighed out a breath of relief. "Then what is troubling you?" Alfred asked confused. I picked up my head and looked at him. "Alfred you have known Bruce the longest. Do you know how he feels about children?" I asked carefully. "Master Bruce loves children. I believe as it is shown with all of the children he is surrounded by." Alfred stated. I sighed loudly. "Yes I know that he loves his adopted children, but has he ever thought about..." I bit my lip nervously as I tried to say what was going. Alfred's eyes widened with understanding. "Oh Mistress Azrael, Master Bruce will be thrilled to hear this wonderful news," Alfred said. "Let me make you breakfast," Alfred added. I was consumed with relief and comfort as I realized that I was ready to face Bruce and the boys.

Time Skip

Damian has been acting cold towards me all day. Jason was out of the house, Tim was at school, Bruce was at Wayne Enterprises, and Dick was in Bludahven. I walked around Wayne manor to try to find him. I went down into the Batcave and saw Damian in the training room. I walked in and turned to face Damian. However, when I did face him a katana was swung at my head. I quickly dodged the blade. "Damian, what are you doing?" I asked panicked. "Why would you have an affair behind my father's back?!" Damian shouted with tear-filled eyes. My brows furrowed and then I realized that he must have heard part of Alfred and I's conversation. "Damian I did not have an affair," I said calmly. "Then why were you crying to Alfred?" Damian asked as he threw his katana into the wall. I sat down on the floor and patted it. Damian sat down and stared at me. I opened my arms with pleading eyes. Damian gave in to my silent pleads and hugged me. His small head rested on my stomach. When suddenly a baby kicked at my insides. Damian's head flew up from my stomach with wide shocked eyes. "What was that?" He asked shocked. "Um, that Damian was one of your siblings kicking," I said quietly. Damian's mouth dropped. "You bare a child?" He asked cautiously. "Yes, that is why I have been having those headaches, random emotions, or throwing up randomly," I explained. I watched as Damian's shocked expression turned into a wide smile. He rose up to his feet quickly. "Umi this is amazing. I am going to be an older brother to my baby sister or baby brother." Damian said happily. I laughed happily. "Well, Damian I am having twins so you could get two girls or two boys or mixed match," I stated. Damian gasped. "Umi this is so exciting," Damian said happily. Until it looked like he had been hit by a wave of emotions. "I am sorry Umi for stressing yup out with my katana," Damian said sadly. "Damian I fought Joker and Lex while being three months pregnant. Your katana hardly added any stress." I said with a comforting smile. Damian looked up at me with loving eyes. "You are the best mother I could ask for," Damian said as he gently gave me a hug. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close to me. "You are the best son I could ever ask for," I replied with a soft smile. Suddenly Damian shot upright. "How are we going to tell Father?" Damian asked. I looked at him in the eyes. "Well, I was thinking that we do a while of fortune game and the family slowly spells out the answer," I explained. "But we would need to pick up the items needed for that," I added. "I am coming with to protect my baby sisters," Damian said determinedly. "Damian we don't even know their genders." I smiled. "I do and it is my sisters," Damian said protectively.