Lyric: Thirty-Six

Melrose: POV

You know, before I met Kai. I thought I would be okay not knowing what true love was, I didn't think I needed to since I had my family. And that loving them would be enough for me, but now that I'm older. I can see how much more different it is to care for a person you truly cherish. At first, I hated him, or at least... that's what I kept telling myself. That meeting him was just bad luck on my part, but every time we ran into each other it would shift something inside me to think differently of him...

I didn't see him as some kind of Idol like the rest of the world did, to me...he was a person that looked so overwhelmed when I first met him. And within time, I've come to learn more about his character. I know that he loves doing what he does, the music that he creates and gives to the world. It brings him joy with the rest of his group, however, that happiness that he wishes to have... Seems almost impossible for him to reach now. A simple smile that is too difficult for him to carry. He's broken...and it hurts seeing him this way, not being able to tell anyone you're in pain. Too afraid to get close to others...

I would have never imagined that Kai would have these types of emotions, even now that I look at him from afar. He's able to smile as if nothing is wrong, yet I've come to learn that the way he looks at others is always the same. A blank endless stare of nothingness, so lifeless that it wounds me...it's been a whole week since I told Kai my feelings. It doesn't seem that long ago, but I still remember it very clearly in my mind. After I expressed how I felt, Kai didn't say a word other than embracing me. I wasn't sure how to take that response since I left shortly after. Was the hug his way of telling me that he couldn't return my feelings?

Either way, I don't expect him to love me in return...I'm content with how things are. I know that Lily will always be the most special person in his heart. And I don't wish to break such a bond like that, I don't...I don't want to be selfish. No matter how much it hurts me, I won't hurt what they both care for. And that's each other, all I want...is for Kai to wholeheartedly-

"Smile!"

Caught up to my senses, I looked at the photographer who was taking pictures of the meet-and-greet fans who came to see ExEx Idol. It's only been an hour since we've all got here, but it's crazy to see how full the room is! The majority of the fans here were very young-looking, almost around my sister's age. Most were girls and very few were boys that were waiting to meet their favorite Idol members. I'm glad that so many came, and if I remember correctly, I think that the tickets were sold out within a minute they were posted online. Ever since the last performance that ExEx Idol did on stage, it only made them stand out more. Especially with what Kai did when he debuted his song, it looks like his fan base skyrocketed only more...

"OH MY GOD! THERE'S ZACK!"

"JIN! OPPA! YOU'RE AMAZING!

"I LOVE YOU! KAI OPPA! PLEASE TAKE MY LETTER!"

The enormous crowd blew up in a scream, once they saw the members slowly coming out one by one along with their bodyguards. I haven't spoken to Kai or even made any kind of effort to contact him after I left his dorm. However, Jin has been a lot more attentive to me. I guess he doesn't want me to get close to Kai, I understand the reasons why. He's only trying to keep me safe, but I don't think he needs to worry anymore... because I knew the moment I told Kai I loved him. I ended things before anything could begin...

Avoiding my gaze from the boys, I focused on my work along with the staff as I began to move boxes that were full of posters for the fans to buy. The table that was set in front of the stage, had different sections where each member would sit. Luckily for me, all I had to do was focus on Jin's section, I was glad that I could do something other than just do make-up. Although, I have to say that I'm proud of the work I did on Jin's face. I think I brought out his eyes today with the pallet I used. Maybe I should use it a lot more from now on...