Two Heartbeats

Azrael's Pov

I dressed into my batsuit and walked up to the bat computer. "So what are we handling?" I asked as I placed my hands on my hips. "We have reasons to believe that Lex Luthor and the Joker are working together," Batman said. "So what do we do?" Nightwing asked. "Batwomen, Red Robin, Black Bat, and Batgirl will go to Metropolis to look for Joker There. While Robin, Red Hood, Nightwing, and I will look for him here. Any clues to what they are doing will need to be taken as evidence." Batman stated. I nodded my head. "And I will be managing the coms between both teams," Oracle announced. "We will take the Batmobile," I said firmly. Batman nodded his head once. I turned my attention to my group. "We have a field trip to get ready for," I said with a smirk. We walked over to get extra gear for the trip. When Bruce silently walked up on me. "Azrael be careful okay," Bruce whispered quietly as he looked down at me. "Hey, we are all bulletproof now," I said with a light. "You know what I mean," Bruce added. I nodded my head. "Don't worry we got this," I confirmed. Bruce placed his hands on my waist and pulled me into a tender kiss. We pulled apart and I smiled widely up at him. I looked around Bruce and saw Tim waiting by the Batmobile. I stepped to the side and smirked at my group. "Who is ready to go find ourselves a killer clown?" I asked with a smirk. Tim smirked back. "We are waiting for you," Tim said. "SHOTGUN," Stephanie shouted. "Oh come on." Tim sighed as Batgirl launched herself into the Batmobile. I kept a straight face as I jumped into the driver's seat. Black Bat and Red Robin hopped into the back seat. The floor turned us around. so we were facing to drive out of the cave. I turned on the engine and threw the car into drive. The Batmobile went flying down the tunnel and out of the cave. Batgirl squealed out of joy as I sped down the road. Red Robin looked mildly terrified and Black Bat looked completely calm. Soon we reached the main roads so I slowed down a little bit. We quickly reached the bridge to metropolis and drove through the city. I parked the Batmobile in an alleyway and we climbed up to the rooftop of an apartment building. "Red Robin and Batgirl patrol the Eastside and the Northeast side of metropolis. Black Bat and I will patrol Central and the Southside." I growled. Red Robin and Batgirl nodded their heads and grappled off. "Alrighty, you have your own com channel up," Oracle said into my comm. "Thanks, Oracle," I grunted as Black Bat and I leaped into action. "Batwomen, Batgirl, and I are going to split up." Red Robin said. "I am patrolling the Eastside," Batgirl said. "Alright keep coms on in case anything happens," I said into my com. "Copy that." Batgirl and Red Robin said. Black Bat and I grappled into the Central park of a city. Black Bat and I split up so we could cover more ground. "Batwomen I found Joker goons loading Lex Corp boxes in one of the warehouses in the harbor" Red Robin said after 45 minutes of patrolling. "How many goons are there?" I asked. "About 20 guys, I can take them on and stop the operation." Red Robin announced. "Negative place tracking devices on the cargo and mic in the warehouse, "I ordered. "I am paying Luthor a visit," I growled. I grappled to Luthor's penthouse and hacked through the balcony door. I quickly closed the door behind me and transformed myself in be invisible. I heard the shower running and walked towards the sound. I smirked once I saw that the door was open. I crept in the bathroom and made myself visible. Soon Lex turned off the water and reached out from the towel. I grabbed the towel and handed it to him. "Thank you, Mercy," Lex said as he opened the curtain. "Get dressed Luthor," I growled. Lex's eyes went wide as I turned around to leave the bathroom.

Time Skip

"You do realize that you broke into my penthouse correct?" Luthor sneered. "You do realize my next option was to hold you over the side of a building?" I growled back. "Touche" Lex shrugged as he poured himself a drink. "What are you and Joker planing?" I growled. "I don't have to answer you."

I held Luthor dangling over the edge of his balcony. OKAY OKAY, I WILL TALK," Luthor shouted. I threw him back into his bedroom. "Good now answers," I growled. "Joker and I want to control Superman with Joker's laughing gas. He is in Gotham now taking down the Batman." Lex said. Then the elevator dinged as someone entered the room. "Lexy you won't believe what happened the batboys and Batsy survived the bomb I placed for them at the GCPD," Joker said. "They even stopped the bomb before the fun. Although Mommy bats was nowhere to be seen." Joker added. "Surprise motherfucker." I shouted as I sucker-punched Joker. He was sent flying into the wall. "Red Robin take down the warehouse," I growled into my com. "Copy that." Red Robin replied. "Well well if it isn't Mommy bats. How are ya?" Joker laughed. "Better then your jokes." I snapped. I suddenly lunged at Joker and punched him across the room into Luthor. I lunged at them again and quickly knocked out Luthor before he could do anything. Then I turned towards Joker. Joker threw three mini grenades at me. I dodged them quickly. "Hmm, it seems my punchlines are not landing. How about my card." Joker laughed. The enchanted card was sent flying at me. I threw a Batarang at the card and it was knocked off course. I threw two explosive batarangs at Joker's head, but at the last minute, they hit the ceiling. "You missed." Joker joked. "Nothing is as it seems," I smirked. Then the explosive Batarang went off and pieces of the ceiling fell onto him. I placed cuffs on Luthor and pressed my com. "Joker and Luthor have been captured," I said into the com. "Batgirl, Black Bat, and I have taken the kryptonite and arrested the goons." Red Robin said. "Good job team," I stated. I walked over and placed cuffs on Joker when Superman landed on the balcony. "You just missed the party boy scout," I smirked. "Maybe not there are two more heartbeats," Superman said. We checked every inch of the penthouse and found no one. "Superman use your x-ray vision to find anyone," I commanded. "I already found the two heartbeats," Superman said as he stared into my masked eyes

Time Skip

I threw Joker into the backseat of the Batmobile and rolled up the bulletproof divider on the mobile. Clark nodded his head at me and flew off with Luthor. Red Robin appeared with the two girls at his side. "Black Bat and Batgirl check Luthor's computer for any clues to who was involved in this plot. Red Robin and I are heading to Arkham." I ordered. "Works for me I hate that place." Batgirl shrugged. Red Robin and I jumped into the Batmobile in silence, however this time I drove much slower. "Mom are you okay?" Tim asked. "I am fine Timmy," I replied. However, I stayed silent for the rest of the ride to Arkham. I pulled into Arkham and yanked Joker out of the Batmobile. The guards met me at the gate and took Joker from my custody. I stalked away and hopped back into the batmobile. "Batgirl and Black Bat were dropped off at GCPD." Red Robin said I nodded my head and stared down the highway with one thought in my head.' I pulled into the Batcave and we jumped out. "Luthor and Joker have been arrested," Tim said. "Yeah and we missed out on the fun stuff." Jason huffed. I walked past the group and to the showers. They looked at me with concern in their eyes, but let me pass. I finished my shower quickly and dressed into my PJs and snuck past the boys upstairs.

Bruce's pov

"What happened out there?" I asked once my wife disappeared. "I don't know, she has been off since she met up with superman," Tim replied. "Maybe we should call Uncle Clark then." Dick offered. I nodded my head and dialed the boy scout. Clark picked up with a groggy voice. "Hello?" Clark questioned. "What happened to Azrael?" I asked worriedly. Silence followed my question. "Clark," I warned. "Bruce it is not my business to tell you. It would be best if she told you. Okay, trust me, Bruce." Clark answered. "Clark jus-" "Oh...o..we...are...go..thro..a..tunnel." Clark said as he obviously crinkled newspaper on the phone. He quickly hung up the phone and we were left in silence. However, we all had one question on our minds. 'What has Azrael so worked up?'