8

I woke up by 6am feeling awful inside, I don't know what to do about Ebuka. I called him many times but  he still wasn't picking my calls. I was worried but my hands were tied in this situation, there was nothing I could do. I decided to let it be then and get ready for the journey of a new life ahead of me had my bath. Once down I headed downstairs to meet the boys waiting for me, from the looks on their faces they've been waiting for me to get read for a while. We got into the car and was on our way to the airport.

"Guys what's going to happen to our house, we can't just leave it like this with the gate man and driver."
"We know, dad sold the house to his younger brother in Spain. He'll be back with his family by weekend, that's one of the reasons we came to pick you early so we won't be an obstacle when they return. Plus you know how you particularly detest your cousins, won't want that awkward situation and tension between you guys"
"Ohh, I see. I'm glad you guys considered me and came through."
"We'll always come through for you,  Always and forever. Even if it seems like we're too busy, we'll always have your back no matter what", it was really giving the originals vibes which made me smile foolishly.

With all that done, we got into the plane and our journey to Lagos finally began. I tried calling Ebuka again but to no avail, so I sent him a message and told him I had left for Lagos. I was sad to leave him without having a chance to see him for the last time. I listened to some music on my headphone till I slept off. I was woken up by my brothers, which meant that we had arrived at our destination
"Amanda wake up we're here", opening my eyes I realised that I was in a car and not the plane. I guess they carried me from the plane because they didn't want to wake me up.
I got down from the car and looked at the house, it was huge and was white in colour. I hated white, the colour feels like it's so mature and I know I'm not mature. We went into the house and the boys showed me to my room. It was lilac in colour, lilac was one of my favorite colors apart from blue. I like blue but I don't think I can paint my room blue, it will feel too comfortable for me. I got my luggages inside, quickly unpacked and had my shower since I didn't like feeling sticky. I went to the kitchen and had some cereal then went to my room and just laid on my bed and waited for my dad to get back. I fell asleep as I was waiting.

After an hour or so I woke up, I was officially bored, if I was back in enugu I would have gone out but I don't really know anywhere here. It doesn't just feel right but with time I'll get used to it. Dad came home in the evening, he didn't come alone as he was with lots of bags that I assume contained goodies for us.
"Welcome dad", I greeted him as he dropped the bags on the table.
"Ehen, Amanda how are you, longest time"
"I'm fine dad, how are you?"
"I'm okay"
"Seems like you brought some stuffs"
"Ohh you mean this, yes I did", he said while pointing to the bags"
"I assume it's for us, let me call the boys, Dave!!!, Cole!!!"
"Urmm, Amanda no need for that, the boys won't be around as of now. This is for you and not them"
"Ehhhh, come again"
"I said they're for you"
"All this things in all this bags are for only me?"
"Yes, won't you check it to see what I got you"
"Okay, thanks Dad", I opened the bags one after the other and I was amazed at what he got me. Things I used to beg dad to get for me before but he refused because he claimed to be busy, this are the same things he got me.
"Are you serious. A camera?, An iPhone? Seriously?"
"Yes"
"Wow, this is just too much"
"What is too much?"
"All this stuffs"
"Don't you like them?"
"I do but they're just too much, look at this for instance, more shoes and clothes? Come on dad I think I have more than enough to last me a year without repeating"
"Ohh please stop exaggerating, I don't think they're that much plus there's no rule that said I can't spoil my daughter and give her the best of the things in the world"
"Thanks Dad, I love you", I said while hugging him.
"I love you too" he hugged me back.
"Now if you excuse me I need to bond with my new phone, byeeeee"
"Ohh, Amanda before I forget you'll be starting school on Monday"
"Urghhh, no nah, I need time to familiarize with this place, I don't want to go to school yettttt", I said in a babyish manner.
"Don't be a drama queen, everyone needs to go to school, so on Friday we'll stop by your school and get you signed in okay"
"Okay Daddy"
"Also, we will be going out for dinner so don't bother cooking anything, okay"
"No wahala, I don't even feel like cooking sef", dad laughed
"Ok so we leave by 7"
"Isn't 7 late to be driving around?"
"In Lagos 7pm is still early, you just have to adapt"
"Hmm okay oo, no problem"

******
End of this chapter, I'll try to be updating everyday by God's grace.

Question of the day: do you think Amanda and Ebuka's friendship will survive the storm and sail or will it sink? Send in your answers in the comment section.

I'll be looking out for ideas too.

Thanks again for giving this book a chance.
See you in the next chapter fam.