Jungkook (cute)

There are many things people knew about Jeon Jungkook. I mean, he is a celebrity and all, and I know for a fact that there are loads of people crying over him all over the world. Plus there’re interviews and magazines and fangirls within school approaching him with confession letters and asking him things, so yeah, it’s pretty reasonable that people would know all kinds of crap about him.

What they don’t know, that I do, is that Jeon Jungkook is an asshole. No, I’m not even kidding, he’s a serious asshole, and he has like, zero niceness. He may appear to be super nice, because I’ve seen him act all cutesy and kind to his fans, signing the millions of autographs and giving them that Disgusting Wink (which is actually not disgusting at all), but I, being a personal victim of his secret side (aka, the asshole one) know that it is all just an act.

Thing is, nobody cares about what the school’s Friendless Social Reject thinks about The Celebrity, so any time the topic of his not-so-niceness is brought up – always by me, I might add – it is always ignored in favour of the way he smiles, looks at me pointedly and says, “Oh, but I try to be nice to everyone.”

Oh yeah, of course you do.

Let me tell you some other things I know about Jeon Jungkook:

1. He is dumb. I’m not even kidding; he’s super, super, super dumb. Like, you’d expect a teen music prodigy to also be somewhat smart, when it comes to school but no. What’s six times four, Jungkookie? No, I’m sorry, thirty six is the wrong answer. What the fuck, this is sixth grade math, you’re in fucking high school.

2. He is also extremely hot. I mean, I won’t deny it just because he’s a creep, by saying he’s not attractive at all. He is. He’s so attractive. Which is obvious, I mean, he wouldn’t be this popular if he wasn’t. And I’m not blind, I know hot when I see it, and he is Hot, with a capital H. And I may or may not have had a tiny sorta maybe crush on him. Maybe I still do. But the fact that all he ever does is be rude to me kinda invalidates that.

3. He has friends. Well, of course he has friends, because everyone wants to be his friend, but by friends, I refer to his group. As in, the Bangtan Boys. And the difference between them and him, is that they are nice. As in, they are genuinely some of the nicest people I’ve ever met. And then there’s him.

Okay, so how do I know Bangtan? Okay so, the way my teacher does things, is that she randomly assigns two people together and for the rest of the year, any and all projects the class gets have to be done in groups of two, and those groups are the ones she made. And I happen to be with, bum ba dum dum! Jeon Jungkook.

And that means that I have to go over to his house every few days to work on something or the other, because him being followed by paparazzi and creepy fans everywhere can’t be seen going to some girl’s house and staying there for too long. Their dorm being in a building means I can pretend I wasn’t at their place and get away with it. I don’t mind being with him. I actually like him, somewhat. Okay no, I don’t like him. But then I do.

He’s got this kind of personality where as much of a snob and ass he is, you can’t help but be drawn to him. Maybe it’s his stage charisma, or his famousness. Whatever it is, he fascinates me.

It was on a really bad day, having been called ‘retard’ at least sixty times in the past hour – once per minute, on average – that I decided I’d had enough of his bullshit.

“If I’m such a retard maybe you should do all of this,” I said, shoving everything across the table in his direction.

“I’m not doing this stuff,” he said and returned to what he’d been doing – playing with his phone. I scowled. There is only so much a girl can take when she’s in the room of an insanely hot and assholish guy, who she may or may not have a crush on, who does nothing but insult her.