when it brakes

i tilt my head back and let my hair fall around my shoulders. I dig my toes into the ground, as the grains of sand slip between my toes a fresh energy coarses through me, im at my freeest now, no one can touch me or penatrate this moment. I can reach through the clouds. I can drop the chains and never hit the ground. I can fly.

Spade runs back with my shoes and i take them in my hand, carefull to make the point of not putting them on until the instructor blows the whistle. I grab taylynns wrist and drag her of the swing leaving Astoria on her swing. A hand grabs my shoulder and in literaly five seconds astoria managed to cover 15 meters with out a trace of dischevelment in her voice. When we reach the crowd gathered infront of the instructor i tone out his words and listen to the creaking of the equipment behind me. I focus on the black seat slightly rocking from where i sat, as we head back onto the pavement i look back at the swings, everyone always goes for them first but we got them, finally.

After gym astoria and i head for the trains, their train cars from disasembled trains that were polished up and used for busing students from the schools in our school board, the school board actually decided to be non hypicritical and try to put meaning in to recyceling for purpose. There is supposed to be a transportation sceduale but today our bus is last. When i get on the "bus", the driver stops me, she starts rambling on about how she doesnt know who i am and Thinks im on the rong bus, yet my own sister isnt somehow. Not to make it worse but i think the gym instructor doesnt know my name, every time he comes up to me and my friends he uses the names like taylynn, astoria and maraline but he's never actually used my name when talks to me.

When I finaly sit next to astoria I ignore her and maralines conversation and stare out the window. I think taylynn had a fantasy moment, im not into romance but when a boy gets down on his knees and puts a girls shoe on for her I cant help but think Taylynn lived that moment like a real fairytale, you dont see that very often.

Out of my friends my train stop is first, its not far from our house but we still need to walk a bit, the train waits for us to cross the the tracks but when were back on the road it wizzes off. I didnt even know they could go that fast. Were a few houses down to ours when we notice that there hasnt been a single car on our street since the train left, our street isnt buisy but theres never this little cars. My sister unlocks the door but while shes strugling to open it im cosiously watching the roads she opens the door and i dont notice so i keep watching as a colourless van drives around the corner i watch it drive up toward me, slowly, conspiciously. A hand yanks my shoulder and i stumble into the house with nichole.

"Thanks," i nod to her, and go over to the large bay window to watch the road.

"I i dont care about you, i care about my body temperature."

i ignore her and hold up a plank from the blinds to watch the van pass. It passes slowly but with no disturbinces.

I stare at my celing, 30 seconds until i have to get up, 15 seconds,5 seconds, the alarm goes off. I get out of bed and head downstairs slowly. After breakfast i head back upstairs, im rumaging through my droors for my nice purple top when i hear a pecking behind me. I stop. I go over to the window and kneel on my bed, i shove my head under my blinds and starde out the window, i can stil hear the pecking on the glass but theres nothing there, a crack forms on the window and the pecking stops. Abruptly. There is still nothing on the roof. I watch for a few minutes and go back into my room, im fliping through my jeans when i hear the pecking start up again. I go back to the window and look under again, the noice stops the second i poke my head under but there are four cracks on the window, the broken areas seam to outline the points of a pyramid. I climb off my bead and walk to the side of the window frame. I flick the switch and the blinds autimaticly retract into the lip of the uper wall area. When the curtains are drawn to sides i notice the changes in the window pain. The cracks are gone. No noise. Nothing. Whatever was doing that doesnt want anyone to know what it is. And i dont want to.

I change quickly and go out to wiat for the bus while were at the corner i wear a rustle from the bushes behind me and i whip around the second i hear the noise i see a set of beady black eye watching but when they catch my gaze they disappear.

" did you hear that?" I know she wouldnt have seen it but this question is worth a shot.

" oh shut up, i know you dont hear anything, get over yourself and watch the road." Nichole snaps. I turn back and dont hear another noise until the train pulls up we throw ourselves onto the train and i go to sit with Astoria and Phyren, nichole sits alone, noone in her class rides this bus, its mostly my class and two other classes, but we all still fit. When we pull up to the side of the school i hop out and rush in the front before the instructors outside can stop me. I walk swiftly through the halls until i reach the gym the layout of our school perplexes me and always has. Its strange but not at the same time. I go past the mirral of streams and plants and geese, I turn left at the uocoming fork in the hallways and run into the gym. We rarely have two good gym classes in a row so ofcoarse we'll be inside today. We dont actually have a stage we just build our own when the time comes, so instead I sit in a corner. the usual instructor enters and calls us in to the center circle. He talks for about ten minutes but all we're doing is spliting up between walking aroung in circles in the halls and doing push ups and sit ups in the gym.

After gym and language its lunch. I get back from the washroom and sit down a large group of the other girls are sitting together behind me. Astoria bounds over to me.

" what are they doing?" I nod to the group of girls.

" not much," Astoria replys." Some stupid love test with false data."

" oh please, they just matched you with one of the 6 guys you dont like. Its probably not false."

"Who are they matching now?"

" you and Spade, apperently they got 98%, the datas not false you know." A smile creeps across her face and i roll my eyes.

" in your dreams, that stuffs just a bunch of fake crap." She laughs so hard a few people turn but I dont care, i join her laughter which catches taylynns attention. She puts down her book and leaves Phyren and Armond behind to read on thier own. She sits with us and we bring out a game of our teachers choice, all teachers have to choose 3 games from their childhoods to keep in the classroom to introduce us to our history and keep us engaged in historical learning by showing us their past enjoyment and divercity.

After lunch we have our brake. Usually duiring brake Astoria and i wander outside but because for this past year there have been locked fences keeping us in rather than supervisors we've decided to spend brake the best way we can, doing things we're not alloawd to do when supervisors are around. Most of the time we run. We run around and around playing school outlawed games that involve running. Which basicly means we play tag with Spade and Eirihon. Where as Taylynn, Maraline Jade, Saiah and Salvia like to stay inside on brake time. As soon as Astoria and i have a brake from being "it" in our game we dash into the school. Spade and Eirihon catch on fast and in one split second their behind us. When we get inside Spade and Eirihon each cover a door rendering us hopless. There are three doors in bounds and one out. There is still one exit but thoose doors are also a goal net for the visious soccer players. Their not allowed to play soccer but without suprivissors they play it. We decide we have no other option and we run through the halls and out the door. I get hit in the shoulder by the ball and Astoria gets hit in the stomach, luckily we're tough. We run past and go up behind the last/first (their numbering system has always struck me as purely baffiling) row of portables. We run beside the small hill at the side and veer left before running into the forest we run along the edge passing our miny rest and relaxation nature cove infront of the back fence and past the tip of the path pertruding from beneath the fence. We reach the back corner of our feild were there is a grand entrance to the forest. Its open, has a wide path, and the few trees clouding it are tall and slender. We turn and skip into a corner of trees made by growth in certain parts and the children who ran/run through and made/make their own path. We're not spossed to use the path or go near it, actually we're supposed to stay a meter away from the forest edge and the fence but now a day there is noone to tell us not to go any closer at brake. We say it works and for us, it does.