Hard Life Caused Her Death

Scarlett sat in her room trying to write a story but she couldn't concentrate. She heard her parents down stairs screaming and throwing things at each other. She heard a glass bottle break against the wall and her father, Marcus Ware, scream something at her mother, Marie Ware. Scarlett covered her ears and tried not to scream at her parents. She knew that they were going to divorce soon. It just seemed like that because every time Scarlett would do something wrong, both of her parents would fight about who would yell at her and give her the daily lecture. Daily because of her school problems. Her mother hit her once and then her father would smack her in the back of the head. Scarlett would have to run up the stairs and try not to scream at her parents. She grabbed her phone and called her friend, Marki Corline, and told her to come pick her up. Marki agreed because she understood what Scarlett was going though. Even while Marki was there at the house, Scarlett would stil get screamed at and hit. Marki pulled her car up and Scarlett threw her window up. She stepped onto the roof and slid down to the ground. She ran to Marki's car and quickly got in.

"Drive!"

Scarlett screamed at Marki. Marki was used to it and started the car. They were just driving away when Scarlett said,

"I'm sorry Marki. It's just...."

Marki interrupted her and said,

"I know Scarlett. It's okay."

Scarlett felt tears welling up in her eyes.

"Can I please stay at your house?"

Marki nodded and glanced at Scarlett.

"You know you are always welcome to the house. My parents are okay with you."

Scarlett slumped down in her seat and murmered,

"But I'm not."

 Marki shook her head.

"I still don't know why. You're perfect."

"Not to anyone but you."

Scarlett snapped back. Marki wasn't even taken by surprise. But her voice seemed to darken when she replied.

"Well eveyone else are bitches. They don't even know you enough to fucking judge you. You shouldn't give a damn what they say about you. You never did until your parents started fighting."

Scarlett's eyes dropped and stared at the floor. 

"I know. But after my parents started fghting, everyone started treating me like a whore. A bitch. Like shit. I don't know what else to do. I feel like I shouldn't be here on this damn Earth."

Marki slammed on the brakes and they jerked forward. Mari stared out at the road, ignoring the honks behind her. Scarlett stared at her. Marki had gone into shock. Scarlett shook her. Marki wouldn't move. Then she shook her head and squeaked,

"Why would you say that?"

Scarlett looked at her and said,

"Because it doesn't seem valuable to me anymore. My life. I think I'd be better off dead. Everyone would scream and celebrate in joy."

Marki's face had an angered expression. She pulled over on a cliff a few blocks away from her house and said,

"Get out."

Scarlett stared at her with her mouth open.

"What?!"

Marki pointed outside and said,

"Get out!"

Scarlett shook her head and got out. She slammed the door shut and watched as Marki drove away. Scarlett expected her to stop and turn around but she drove on. She looked up at the sky and screamed at the top of her lungs,

"IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?! MY DEATH?!"

Then thunder sounded and it started to rain. Marki pulled over behind a tree and heard Scarlett's scream. She got out of the car and watched Scarlett carefully. Scarlett felt a tear slid down her face. She looked down at the waves crashing far below her. She stepped to the edge of the cliff and looked at the rising sun. She spread her arms out. Marki's eyes widened. Then she watched as Scarlett closed her eyes and fell to the floor below. As she fell Marki screamed at the top of her lungs,

"NO!! SCARLETT!!" 

But it was too late. She ran to where Scarlett stood and looked down. When she saw the limp body of Scarlett with waves crashing on her, she covered her mouth and felt what seemed like a million tears fall from her eyes.

"No."

She whispered. She went back to her car and drove to the very bottom of the hill she left the car on but got out and ran down the beach until she was only a few rocks away from Scarlett. The beach had ended but she jumped onto a rock and onto another until she reached Scarlett's flat and big rock. She fell to her knees and shrieked at the sight. Blood had started to fall from her mouth but Marki wiped it away. She caught a small glance at Scarlett's lips. A small smile had crossed her lips. Marki felt as a small wave crashed over them but stayed. She was freezing and soaked but she stayed with her dead friend. She picked her up and layed her head on her lap. She hugged her and rocked with her against Marki's chest.

"I'm so sorry. I love you."

She kissed Scarlett's temple and layed her head back down. She stood and left her dead friend. She got to her car and cried. But she drove back to her house.