Just a random rant abt fandom stuff

Ok so,,, I've been in this fandom for 6 damn years now. I've seen it all.

PLEASE tell me someone had noticed this.

All the veteran fans, like the ones who watches it as it was airing or have been here from the early 2000s are all so,,, mean???

Don't get me wrong, I have seen plenty that are nice people. But for the most part every interaction I've had with an OLD old fan has been a bad one. It's like they're stuck in lawless 2000s deviantart fandom days. When yaoi paddles and glomping were things.

It's like because they're older and have been here longer they think their word is law???

Like,,, dude you're in your 20s, by all means run fan accounts and stuff but arguing with kids over the Internet??? Come on.

Imma drop three stories I've had that explain what I mean.

1. Why I hate the tumblr fandom.

So we all know that there's a few theories and HCs the whole fandom just kinda accepts. One of them being that the ryuzaki persona theory is bs. And I agree with that.

But,,, on an old ass multi fandom blog I had years ago thats deleted now I said "it'd be interesting if as well as L having disorders that make him act the way he does, there are actually some things he fakes just to mess with people. Like most of his behaviour is from all that trauma, but some of his little habits are just him fucking with the taskforce"

Bc that'd be funny right? If while L was genuinely a strange acting person he cranked up the strangeness just to mess with people. That's what I was implying, a 'that would be kinda funny' situation.

But oh no, tumblr didn't think so. Soooo many of the older fans flamed that post. Calling me ableist, telling me that I was wrong, shoving their HCs they claim as canon down my throat. Thank god none of the bigger blogs got their hands on that post bc I would have been crucified.

But like??? I never implied that the ryuzaki persona theory was true in that post??? And I never did he didn't have disorders bc he clearly does???

Also,,, you're calling my dyslexic ass ableist? Sure honey. It's not like I can't understand the I before E rule (thank god for autocorrect). It's not like I mix up 3s and 8s and 6s and 9s.

But the fact these grown ass adults decided to go after a 13 year old for even suggesting that some of Ls habits were just pranks because it's a funny concept,,, not it mate.

2) fujos ruining everything.

We all know I don't like Lawlight in the slightest. But I don't attack people who do. Ship whatever it's your life not mine, although I would encourage shippers to at least make an AU where they don't harm each other since the ship is problematic and I don't want anyone getting attacked for that.

But one time, I posted something along the lines of 'I don't like Lawlight, I see L as more of a straight but very intimidated by girls virgin lol'

And holy shit, this one fucking fujo who had their age as 24 in their bio,,, she went OFF. She called me homophobic, she said I was a fake fan because "uwu, L and Light are gay beans in CANON!"

Canon??? Where in canon does it say that??? I'd like to see that sweetie. Fuck outta here with your fetishisation of gay relationships, you're 24 go pay your bills and stop yelling at a minor on the Internet.

Yes because I'm definitely a fake fan, not like I have over 10 fanfic books. Not like I have 5 of the main characters cosplayed. Not like I've had a fan acc for like 4 years. Also not shipping something gay doesn't make you homophobic??? Like dude,, Natebit??? MellodraMattic??? They're all over my Insta. It's that that specific gay ship I don't like.

AND WHY WOULD SOMEONE WHO DOESNT EVEN KNOW THEIR OWN SEXUALITY HOMOPHOBIC???

3) apparently I call adults predators.

Last story happened somewhat recently. Me and a few people decided to make a group chat for DN fans on Insta  (it's dead now lol). And we, all being minors said hey,,, anyone wanna join an under 18 chat? The youngest was 12 so us older minors decided to make sure no NSFW content would end up in there by having a cap off age. Plus,,, it's just easier for younger people to talk to their own age demographic.

And some fucking adult. (Again, had age in bio. It was 23 I believe) decided that by not letting her join we were calling her a predator. We'd never talked to this person before. But she messages all off as this long ass paragraph about how we were falsely accusing them of being a predator and I QUOTE "I've been in the fandom longer than you've been alive. I know how this fandom works"

WHICH ISNT EVEN TRUE BC THE DEATH NOTE MANGA CAME OUT WHEN I WAS BORN. THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF YEARS YOU CAN BE IN THE FANDOM IS 17 BC IT DIDNT EXIST BEFORE THAT- SHE STRAIGHT UP LIED.

Girl you can't pull that shit. I'm as old as the franchise. You can't be in the fandom longer than I've been alive,,, IT DIDNT EXIST THEN.

So yeah after he tantrum she blocked us all.

So what's the trend here???

All the people that attacked us for having a different opinion were fans in their adult years who've been in the fandom from the start. Fucking hell,,, they have a Yagami god complex or something.

Now let me preface. Not all the adult old school fans are like this. I've talked to some really nice ones that just wanna be a fandom parent to the newbies and give them good fics and educate them on the memes. Thank you for existing those people, you're a real one.

And yes, some minors have acted like this too. I half expect that though because young teens are stupid and they haven't finished maturing yet.

But the fact the same group of people have attacked me and my minor friends on multiple occasions, and I've heard many other stories about the same group of people from other minors is a bit sus.

Death note is one of the least toxic fandoms I've been in ever. The og fans superiority complex and a few problematic ships are the only real problems I've seen in my 6 years here.

Please tell me that me and my buds aren't crazy and others have seen this happen to? Because I swear all the Ogs have the same mindset. And they're always on tumblr, not surprising that place is a hell site.

Anyway, just needed the rant about that because it's been annoying me for ages.

I've almost reached the chapter limit for this book, so imma be a bit inactive in it for a little while to work on the full story books so I can figure out what to do when this book finishes.

I wanna keep making oneshots but they seem to be declining in popularity, not as many people read them anymore. Maybe I'll just finish my current requests and focus on full stories for a while???

Anyway, that's all for now. Have this among us crossover I made.

See you in the next update