Prologue

Sapphire's POV

"Okay what exactly are you saying?" I asked Michael. It's been nearly a week since I told him how I felt, literary exposed I entire heart to this guy! And this was the second time I put in this position! After the first time you would have thought I've learned, maybe not after all I had ever felt this way about a guy before. 

"Look it's not that I don't like you, it's just what will people think if we started going out, I was just talking to your best friend less then two weeks ago! Even if I wanted to try this relationship with you it's doomed from the start, because of my past with her."  

I hurried up and ended the call before I broke down and cried. This isn't what I planned! As I looked at myself in the mirror I decided that from now on things were going to change, especially between Michael and I. He had his chance, not just once but twice and he still manged to push me away and break my heart both times! It was time for a change and today was only the beginning, this thought cheered me up as I got up to go wash my face and then returning to my phone, after all there was so many messages to delete now that it was finally over for good.

Michael's POV 

I shouldn't have said it, man this time I can tell I really messed up bad! She was my best friend, the girl I could tell everything to, and now she might walk out of my life for good, I shouldn't have told her I wasn't into her, I just didn't want to ruin our friendship because there was always a chance a romantic relationship between us wasn't going to work. I punked out on the girl of my dreams and now I am going to pay, I just hope one day Sapphire will forgive me because I never wanted it to go down the way it did.

Sapphire's POV

"Mom I am leaving! " I yelled as I quickly hurried towards the front door to our three bedroom apartment. 

"No you aren't Sapphire, you know our first day of school tradition, we are going to pray first together as a family, besides junior year is the hardest year you need all the help you are going to get! " My mom never lost an argument and personally I wasn't the type to argue with adults, so I decided to wait until it was time to pray. Once the prayer was over, almost twenty minutes later I dashed out the door and into my uncle's car. he was going to drop me off at my bus stop, I just hoped the bus decided to actually show up this time, unlike previous years. Once we got there I texted my friend and made sure we were at the right school, since this year I didn't receive a bus card, I had to relay on what her bus card said. Kristen replied back as soon as I put my phone down and told me not to worry, I was at the right address. Once my fear was deluded I decided to let my mind wonder on other things, such as Michael. He currently held the spot of being my official best friend and for more reasons then one he was truly an amazing friend. But what made him so special to me wasn't his great qualities but instead how he made me feel. That feeling was nearly indescribable! 

I wanted to believe the summer we spent together brought us closer then ever, but it also made me realize how much I really like him, not just as a friend, but maybe more as a boyfriend. I stopped my thoughts before I got carried away, he's been my friend since the end of freshman year and there was no way that I was going to ruin our friendship over a little crush, especially if I didn't even know how he felt about me. After all he was a handsome guy, with a nice caramel complexion and light brown eyes he could land anyone, so why would he even consider me?

MIchael' POV

I walked quickly to my bus stop, not just because I was running late, which I was but because I wanted to get to school already. The summer vacation was a amazing I got to spend a lot of time relaxing and flirting with my girlfriend, and getting to know more about my best friend Sapphire as well. Sapphire was the reason I was rushing to the bus stop, I really missed seeing her everyday and I also couldn't wait to see her again. She was one amazing girl, I just hoped that this year she would become more confident about her self, because I was tired of seeing her chase after the same douche over and over again, when all he ever did was hurt her. That's another good thing about this summer, she finally ended it with him, hopefully she keeps it this way, because they've done the break up thing many times before and it never stayed that way for very long. She told me this time it was really over, I thought she was lying but it's been two months since it happened and thank God she hasn't ran after him again. Maybe she really did learn something this time. I decided to stop thinking about her love life, yes I am her friend, but that's really not my business. Lately though it's become this obsession of mines, every since I watched them kiss last year when we were waiting for our buses to show up.  

It was the last day of school and our buses were the only two left and of course her douche of a boyfriend rode her bus. To make things worst she and I were really having a great conversation when he come over and ruined it. I don't know why but every time he came over I always felt raged. It angered me to watch her pay so much attention to him and yet all he ever seemed to do was try to touch her. Honesty if I had the chance I would have broken his fingers off because of how annoying his hands were when they were feeling all over her. Anyways he came over and naturally she started paying attention to him and I started to feel left out as usual, since my girlfriend didn't go to our school and our other friends had already went home.  

"So Kevin what are your plans for the summer?" I asked once I got tired of seeing her giggle with him over the stupid crap he kept saying. 

"Well summer classes start in about two weeks for me, and my graduation is next Saturday but that's basically it."  

His response bothered me for some reason, I mean I didn't like him dating Sapphire but still how come he didn't mention having any summer plans with her? 

"Well then, I guess I won't be coming over your place today when we get dropped off." Sapphire snapped.  

"Come on, why not?" He asked her as he tried to grab her into a hug.  

"Because you didn't even put me as part of your summer plans, and I was planning on hanging out with you a lot over the break!" she replied. 

I decided to watch how he would respond to this question, I mean he wasn't the best communicator and Sapphire was the best at twisting things to go her way. That was one thing that usually got my butt in hot water with her, I usually never won, and instead I ended up apologizing for something I didn't even realize I did wrong until she would storm off. He didn't stand a chance with her, I would know, because I've seen it happen before to him and he got crushed big time. I just hope this time it's even more hilarious than the last time. 

"Baby you know I love you, and all I want to do is spend the whole day with you. Every second of every day, stop tripping cause I didn't need to "plan" you into my schedule, you were already in it every second anyways, I just thought you knew that."  

"Aww you are too sweet!" Sapphire wrapped him into a hug as he pulled her close to him. 

He had skills, cause she definitely fell for that cheesy line, he gave me quick smirk as he hugged her. I looked away before I was forced to give him a piece of my mind. In all sincerity I have tried giving him a chance, he still didn't change his ways and he seems to think we are cool, but we are not! 

What happened next was even worst; he pulled away from her and started touching her face. Of course he didn't stop there, no he had to lean down and give her this tongue sucking passionate kiss right in front of me. My rage nearly doubled, I was about to punch him. As I was debating what to do next my bus pulled up and she pulled away from his kiss to look over at the bus that just pulled up.  

"Looks like it's your bus Michael, too bad it isn't ours anyways have a great summer and I will really miss you!" She gave me this amazing genuine smile as she walked over to me and closed the distance between us. 

"You too, and I don't want to hear that Kevin knocks you up because if he does I will have to kill him." I replied as I reached down and pulled her into a warm embrace.  

"You are so dramatic Michael!" She responded while holding on to her stomach cause she was laughing so hard. As I got on the bus I turned and glanced at her to give her one more smile, but she was already facing him and didn't see me at all. He better not hurt her because, and then I really will have to kill him, that's how serious I was as I turned away from my best friend and her douche of a boyfriend. Summer was about to begin and I wondered what was going to happen this summer, because I had a feeling that our lives was about to change.