009

SENSATION
°˖✧♥︎✧˖° / bereft
══════════════════

SENSATION°˖✧♥︎✧˖° / bereft══════════════════

📍| Unknown.

   The sun was beaming, and it was burning so hot and bright against her skin. the glaring sun blazed down upon her, forcing her eyes to squint against the harsh light. She found herself sprawled out in the vast, unforgiving desert, the fine grains of sand sticking to her exposed skin.

Annoyance welled up within her as she realized her outfit clung to her body like a second skin. The fabric felt heavy and uncomfortable, as though it had been baked under the relentless sun. Amanda's head was pounding with confusion about how she had ended up in this desolate place.

She finally had to accept that this wasn't her bedroom and she wasn't feeling this hot because of a blanket. She was outside and it was so bright and with every move small specs of sand spilled into her clothing.

She woke up to find a boy in a domino mask and a cape kneeling down, studying her. Even though she recognized the character as Robin, her groggy state made it difficult to quickly grasp the reality of his presence.

Amanda's reflexes kicked in, and without hesitation, she swung her leg upward at the boy. In a swift motion, her foot made contact, prompting him to react just as swiftly, dodging her flying legs by throwing himself backward.

"Where am I?!" she yelled in utter confusion, desperately in need of some water. Her lips felt parched, and she longed for chapstick, lip gloss, or even some petroleum jelly—anything to relieve the dryness that had taken hold.

"Chill out. I come in peace," the boy stated, extending a gloved hand toward the girl. "I'm Robin," he introduced himself. As Amanda grabbed his hand, she couldn't help but analyze him, her realization sinking in that he was Batman's sidekick, the one she had encountered on the night her life had changed forever.

"I know who you are. We've met before," she stated, causing him to nod in recognition. He remembered their previous encounters and how she had nearly left him unconscious twice.

"You're not gonna attack me again, right?" he clarified, uncertainty in his voice. In their last encounter, she had been crying yet almost managed to overpower him. But fortunately, it seemed she was now focused on peace and didn't want to fight him again.

"We're cool," she nodded in agreement as he helped her off the floor.

"Let's go," he said, his head indicating the direction ahead of them. He was ready to lead the way through the scorching desert sands. Amanda briefly paused, surveying her surroundings, which appeared to be an endless expanse of sand. She considered the fact that he was a superhero and, trusting in that, decided to follow him in his chosen direction.

Amanda's confusion deepened as she observed that Robin appeared equally perplexed. They found themselves stranded together in the desert with no memory of how they had arrived there. The last thing Amanda remembered was preparing for her therapy session, and suddenly, she was in the scorching desert with the sun bearing down on her face.