Chapter 10 - The Exchange Messages

COURTNEY POV

Courtney is now inside her flat and was checking some online classes for cooking and baking at the same time. She wrote down few of those phone numbers and planned to enroll one of these days. She was about to call the number when she received a call.

"Courtney! Thank God you're finally reachable! I've been trying to call you but I couldn't contact you earlier. Your Papà and I are worried about you." Her mother started ranting as soon as she picked up the call.

"Mamà." Courtney acknowledged her mother.

"Stai bene (Are you okay)? Where are you? What happened to your phone?" Mrs. Montini bombarded her daughter with questions.

"Mamà will you relax? How can I possibly answer you if you keep babbling?" Courtney finally had the chance to talk.

"Sorry go ahead Tesoro." Her mother paused for a minute.

"Prima di tutto (first of all), I'm okay and lastly, my phone battery was already drained." Courtney responded in order.

"Tesoro, I know you're mad at your father but I called to tell you he was sorry for what he did. So will you please talk to him for me?" Her mother has a pleading voice.

"I will Mamà but not now please understand me. " Courtney hoped she does.

"Capisco (I understand)." Mrs. Montini sounds defeated.

"I got to go Mamà and get myself some dinner." She excused herself.

"I can bring your food since I know you're bad at cooking." Her mother tried to cheer up.

"Grazie (Thanks) Mamà but I already brought my dinner." She stared at the menu card on her table.

"Very well, anyway I want to remind you about the family dinner with your future marito (husband). You need to be there, please Tesoro." Her mother pressed the same issue.

"I already told Ben about it, he was furious." Courtney lied smoothly.

"I know you're just making it up so I won't buy it." Her mother can tell a part of it was true and some are not.

"When are you going to believe me mother?" Courtney sounds disappointed a little.

"It's not that I don't believe you Tesoro, we just haven't met the guy that you claimed dating with for four months now." Her mother defended.

"If I let you meet him, tell Papa to hold off that engagement until then, I guess that's fair enough." Courtney negotiated.

"Yes I can do that Tesoro." Her mother gave in.

"Alright, I will send you the details on this but for now I gotta go Mamà. Addio (Goodbye)." Courtney hanged up.

She decided its better to tell this to Ben and make a plan for that meet up so her father will stop pestering her about that engagement. At least with Ben, she is sure he is a good guy and will not take advantage of her family status. After the stressing call with her mother, she went down to the pool area, took a dip, and got a bit of tanning. If there is one thing that can help her ease her mind, it's swimming. Its her stress reliever to clear her head and she will feel rejuvenated by doing laps for the whole 10 minutes. She was about to pick up the towel when her phone vibrated on the table.

"Hey wifey! Have you reached your flat yet?" Ben sent the message to her.

"Hey Ben!" Courtney typed away.

"Are you settled in your flat just fine?" Ben asked back.

"Yeah, I am settled here in Hotel Grand' Italia." Court replied back.