Chapter 20 Nominated for the Chunnin exams and some problems

Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura arrived at the bridge, 2 hours later, Kakashi arrived.

"YOU'RE LATE!" yelled Naruto and Sakura.

"Sorry, I was talking to the Hokage-" Kakashi was interrupted when Sakura shouted

"LIAR."

"You didn't even let me finish." said Kakashi.

"Whoops, it's a habit because you usually don't have a real excuse like this time." said Sakura sticking her tongue out.

"So as I was saying, I was talking to the Hokage about nominating you guys for the Chunnin exams. Here are you're passes to enter the Chunnin exams." continued Kakashi then he took out 3 pieces of paper and gave it to each team member.

"The exams are in a week, the first exam is in the academy, go to the 3rd floor in room 301. You don't have to take the Chunnin exams if you don't want to. Ja ne!" said Kakashi then he poofed away. Everyone walked away and went their separate ways. Naruto found Konohamaru, Moegi and Udon at training ground 3.

"Hey guys!" yelled Naruto as he walked up to them.

"Boss!" yelled the 3 kids back. They all ran up to Naruto and asked.

"Boss, can you play ninja with us?" 

"Yeah sure, I thought I might have another mission today but it was something else." replied Naruto. Then, a person came and snatched Konohamaru and ran into the forest.

"Konohamaru!" yelled the 3. They started chasing the person but Moegi and Udon's legs were tired so they got left behind and Naruto continued to chase the person. When Naruto finally caught up with them, Konohamaru was tied up against a tree. Naruto and the person started arguing.

"Heh, I already got Konohamaru back from you BAKA!" said a shadow clone holding Konohamaru. The person and the real Naruto started exchanging blows but then the person got away.

(Where Sasuke is)

Sasuke and a strange person started fighting but Sasuke was winning and the strange person got away.

(Where Sakura is)

Sasuke walked up to Sakura and asked,

"Hey, do you want to go on a walk with me?" Sakura started blushing.

"Of course Sasuke-kun." When they were in the forest Sasuke said to Sakura,

"You should quit the Chunnin exams." Sakura was shocked at what Sasuke just said.

"Right now you're too weak and you won't even pass anyways. Even Naruto is stronger than you." said Sasuke. Sakura smirked and replied,

"Heh, you think that transformation jutsu would work? Sasuke-kun would never ask me to walk with him and he wouldn't even talk to me unless it's important or about a mission." 

"So you knew. But what about this! Did you see who's behind you?" said the impostor who's just transformed back into what they look like. Sakura looked behind her and saw...

"Sasuke-kun!" cried Sakura. Sasuke was stabbed with kunais and shurikens.

"Just kidding! I would never fall for a genjutsu like this." said Sakura. When she turned around, the impostor was already gone.

"What the!" said Sakura when she saw the person was gone.

(Where Kakashi is)

Kakashi was standing on a roof reading his orange covered book, the Icha Icha tactics book. Suddenly, the same person that tried to take Konohamaru, attacked Sasuke and tricked Sakura appeared next to Kakashi.

"So how were they?" asked Kakashi.

"They were good." said the person then he transformed into Iruka.

"I see they have improved ever since they've left the academy. You've taught them well Kakashi." said Iruka standing up.

"No, I actually haven't really taught them anything, they kind of taught themselves. Or, they taught each other." said Kakashi looking away from his book.

"So the test." said Kakashi.

"Yes they did well." replied Iruka.

"Maybe it was right to let them take the Chunnin exams." said Iruka.

Flashback no jutsu*

(In Hokage office)

"The Chunnin exams are happening in a week. When I call your name or team, step forward and say if you want to nominate the Gennins in your team or if you think they're not ready then don't nominate them for the upcoming Chunnin exams." said the Hokage.

(Time skip)

"Team 8 Yuhi Kurenai." Kurenai stepped forward.

"I want to nominate my team for the Chunnin exams, the team members are Hyuga Hinata, Inuzuka Kiba and Aburame Shino." said Kurenai then she stepped back into her spot.

"Next, Team 10 Sarutobi Asuma." Asuma stepped forwards.

"I nominate my team for the Chunnin exams, my team members are Nara Shikamaru, Yamanaka Ino and Akimichi Chouji." said Asuma then he went back to their spots.

"Lastly Team 7, Hatake Kakashi." Kakashi stepped forwards.

"I would like to nominate my team for the Chunnin exams, my team consist, Haruno Sakura, Uchiha Sasuke and Uzumaki Naruto." said Kakashi then he stepped back into his spot. The Hokage gave out the Chunnin exam passes so they could enter the Chunnin exmas.

"Wait Hokage-sama." said Iruka. All the attention turned towards Iruka.

"Yes?" asked the Hokage.

"The 9 rookies were all taught by me at the academy. I don't think they're ready just yet because they don't have enough experience and if they fail terribly then it could crush their spirits." said Iruka. Kakashi stepped up and replied,

"Yes Iruka you are right...they WERE taught by you but they are no longer your students. If you are worried that the test could crush their spirit, the exams are giving them more experience so they know that things are much harder. And I'm sure you're worried about Naruto since he's  like a little brother to you but they've graduated and they should be able to take the exams."

"I think I agree with Kakashi." said Kurenai.

"Yeah." said Asuma.

"But-." Iruka was interrupted when the Hokage said,

"How about we do a little test for them first." said the Hokage.

"I think that's a great idea Hokage-sama." said Kakashi.

"Wait, but I'm going to test them myself." said Iruka.

"Fine by me." said the Hokage.

End of flashback no jutsu*

Naruto met up with Sasuke and Sakura and asked,

"Did you guys get attacked too?"

"Wait, you did as well?" asked Sakura.

"Yeah." said Naruto. Sasuke immediately checked Naruto to see if there are any injuries. 

"W-what are you doing Sasuke-TEME!" said Naruto.

"I'm checking for any injuries, you would be doomed if there are any injuries and they haven't healed for the Chunnin exams." said Sasuke.

"I'm perfectly fine." replied Naruto.

"Anyways I'm going home bye Sakura-chan, bye Sasuke-teme." said Naruto walking back to his apartment.

To be continued...

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

!DISCLAIMER: Naruto does not belong to me!