Chapter 2

Veronica's POV

His eyes. I immediately felt a weird sensation I've never felt before. Like, the saying, "butterfies on your stomach"? Yeah, it kinda fell in love. I've never fell in love.

"Oh, okay. Here's the bus honey" said his mom, as the bus came by. I rushed over, and my binder fell off. With my drawings, which sucked, because it was raining. If I never mentioned that I liked drawing, well now you know. Its all I look forward to everyday.

"I'll help." said Jc. "Wow, you are such a wonderful drawer!"

I got all my stuff and hopped on the bus. The kids realized I was with someone, so they didn't say nothing. Clearly, Lena felt the same feeling as I did. Except, she was flirting with him.

"So, hey!" she twirls around the bus, like if she's the queen. Aghh, I hate arrogant people.

"Would you mind?" said Jc, not exactly what I taught he would say. She stops.

"Whats your name?" she twirls some more.

"Sit down! Young lady, would you like bus suspension? " said the bus driver, her name is Elizabeth, but she says we should call her Lizzy.

"Um... No. I'll sit down. Next to you." said Lena. She makes gloomy eyes.

"No. I don't know you. I'll gain your trust later." she pushed Lena. And pulled me to his seat. I admit, I felt like I won this battle this time.

"Well... okay then. What's your name again?" said Lena, with a dirty look towards me.

"Shut up! Go flirt with someone else, Lena." I said. She gave me another dirty look, and I just smirked.

"Sorry about that... should have warned ya.... there are some weird girls in this school." I smiled. I felt welcomed. I popped in my earphones, and jammed to Troye Sevan's new album. My happy little pill. I say, as Jc hears me.

"Wow, you are so talented! You can sing, you can draw... What can't you do?" he says, like if I won the Olympics or something. I noticed he still had my drawings. It was an arm with cuts. Yep, I was dark.

"Um... do you..." said Jc. I stop him.

"No. I'm just a little dark. I don't cut. That's just... No." I say. God, that's why I don't have friends? I don't know.

"Good. If you ever feel like cutting, just know that I'm by your side."

"Okay.... but seriously. I don't. Your such a good friend, by the way." I say.

"I don't just want to be your friend. I want to be your best friend. You seem trustworthy." said Jc. I doubt it. I've never had a friend before, so I don't know what to say.

"Okay. Want to go to Starbucks at 6? After school?" I say.

"Okay. Its a date."