District 7 Interviews

Ava D7
The short green dress puffs out around my hips, with a thin gold belt looped through loop holes at my waist. My stylists are stupid, always rambling on about things that have no important meaning.

There names are Rashaun, Flarva and Harvio or something like that, and to be honest I don't really care.

While they were talking my mind would often drift to things that would hold my interest more. Like the Games and how much fun I'm going to have.

Despite being stupid, my stylist did do a good job putting my outfit together. My makeup is bare except for soft pink blush on my cheeks, used to 'connect with my innocence' as Harvio had said.

When I'd first met my stylist that all looked like they were facing the sharp edge of an axe. Harvio had to comfort Rashuan as she hyperventilated at the sight of me, and Flarva was muttering unintelligible things under her breath. The bruises on my arms and legs were their main worry as they had to apply layers of creams and makeup to cover them before the Tribute Parade.

As the boy from District 6 -who is too kind for his own good- leaves the stage I stand up from my chair. I hang my head low and shuffle down the stairs, before reaching the chair next to Cottyn Wellwood, the famous presenter who's hair looks like a bird has made it it's permanent home.

"Why hello Ava, It's great to have you here!" Cottyn exclaims.

"T-thanks Cottyn" I say still not lifting my head.

"Why don't you raise your head, everybody here is looking forward to what you have to say"

I lift my head slightly and cross my arms over my body.

"How have you been liking the Capitol Ava?"

"Um, it's really nice" I squeak to which the audience laughs "It's so different from where I lived in District 7, everyone is so nice here"

"Why thanyou, now what was your family life like back home"

I gulp "Well I didn't live with my parents I- I lived with my Uncle and his wife." Cottyn leans forward in her chair and I know that this is my time to really get their attention. "My Parents left me when I was young, I don't know where they are but I'm sure they're still alive. My uncle took me in and, I um have been living with him for a few years. Him and his wife."

"Do you like it there dear?" Cottyn Questions.

Time for the finale.

"No. They beat me"

The crowd erupts as I hang my head again. A smile creeps onto my lips which is hidden from the rest of the world through my curtain of hair. They believe me. My plan is working.

Rowan Barker D7

I'm not buying it. Not one bit. That little girl is hiding something and I'm onto her.

I make my way down the stairs in my form fitting black suit. The under shirt is a dark charcoal colour while the bow tie is a deep green. My stylists had happily changed their original design when I saw how ridiculous it was. There was no way I was going to wear it and they had to know that what I say, goes.

"Welcome Rowan wonderful to have you here!" Cottyn exclaims.

"The pleasure is mine" I say with a grin.

"Okay, to get things started how are you liking the Capitol?"

"It's very nice as are the people."

"Why thankyou, what are your thoughts on the other tributes any alliances you're hoping to join?"

"There are definitely some strong tributes Cottyn" I say leaning back in my chair "But none I am particulay worried about"

"No?" Cottyn questions.

"No. There just pieces in the Game"

"Game? I'm not sure I'm following..."

"You see Cottyn" I say crossing my leg over so my right ankle rests on my left knee comfortably "The Hunger Games is like a big scaled chess game, more violent but much the same. The chess game played is played on a board much like the arena. Opponents face each other, eliminating the weak and in the end the two strongest players fight each other until one wins by overpowering and outsmarting the other. We are all just pieces in the Game"

The crowd is silent as I sit there with a smug smile on my face. Cottyn looks at me shocked.

"Shall we continue with the interview Cottyn or should I take over?" I question.

As Cottyn opens her mouth to speak I cut her off "and to answer your previous question, no there are no alliances I wish to join. I'm not one for big groups, I prefer to make my friends in quiet where I can really... get to know the person. Excuse me I think my times up."

I stand up from my chair as the buzzer rings. The crowd is still in shock, no one dares to make a move. I walk past all of the tributes and take my seat. As the next tribute is called I lean across to little Ava and whisper in her ear. Her reaction is exactly what I was expecting. She stiffens.

"You might be fooling them, but not me. I'm onto you"

"I don't know what your talking about" she mumbles as I lean back in my chair and enjoy the rest of the show.