What is an Empath?

An Empath is a person who can psychically tune in to the emotional experience of a person, place or animal. In the paranormal, and in some works of science fiction and fantasy, highly developed empathy is a psychic ability to sense the emotions of others. Empaths are often highly aware of the health and state of mind of their loved ones, no matter how physically near or far away the individuals may be. It can be challenging for empaths to function healthily in society if they are unaware that they have this sensitivity and often opt to be alone.

Empaths are born, and they're born unskilled and are generally very understanding of others and their positions, and often times will ask questions rather than make snap judgments, or intuitively seem to 'know' there is more to a story than meets the eye.

Empaths aren't people who "read" the future, or predict it. They "read" people, and their energy. Although sometimes it depends on the person being read, too.

Being an Empath is one of the most common and most challenging of all the psychic gifts.

Hey readers! Go read my book "The Black and the White Rose" which has Empaths and other supernatural things in it! Also "Eye Contact" is my new book so you should go check that out as well!