IX. a whole world in one boy

When Nisha wakes again, her face is incredibly warm.

Niall's scent fills her senses, much stronger than it did before. It takes a few moments of drifting in and out of sleep for her to realize that it's because, this time, she is the one with her head pressed just under the nape of his neck. One of her arms is around him, held into place by his hand over his chest, their fingers lightly interlaced together. He is still completely asleep, shoulders rising and falling gently, keeping time with his slow, deep breaths.

This was...not supposed to happen.

Normally, this is the moment when Nisha would start to freak out. Her heart should be beating out of her chest, her senses gone into complete overdrive. She waits for her impending panic. Except, it doesn't come.

Her lips curve slowly into a smile. She is completely at ease, despite this being a terrifying situation. The only other people who she has shared a bed with have been Neha, Maya, and sometimes the twins. It takes a great deal of trust in someone to allow them to be present for one of a person's most vulnerable moments: when they are sleeping.

Niall has somehow been picking at her protective facade this whole time. Slowly but surely over four years with nothing but a pick tool, forming small cracks and fissures that he was able to break down nearly completely over the course of this whole wedding planning process. He has nestled into his own special place in her heart, so much so that she feels completely relaxed here, pressed close to him, their body heat melding together beneath the sheet.

Carefully, as to not wake him, she lifts herself onto her elbow. She flexes her fingers to begin to remove her hand from his grasp only for him to squeeze them tighter, snuffling slightly in his sleep. Holding back a laugh, she waits a few more moments before trying again, gently withdrawing her arm from around him. Those long strands of soft brown hair are still hanging over his eyes, and, because she simply can't help herself, she reaches out to smooth them out of his face.

She only allows herself a few moments of marveling at him before she forces herself out of bed, slowly rolling over to swing her legs over the edge. It wasn't that long ago when she'd rather swallow her own tongue than be in the same room as Niall Horan. And, now...what a difference a week makes.

Grabbing her overnight bag from the closet as quietly as she can, she gets into the bathroom to brush her teeth and shower. They have only gotten a few hours of sleep but she feels more rested than she has in days. She has always known weddings are magical but she didn't know it to this extent. Perhaps it also has to do with a certain sleeping boy in the next room too.

Nisha changes into leggings and an oversized tee, putting her hair up into a low bun. By the time she emerges from the bathroom, Niall is sitting up on the bed, drowsily rubbing his eyes. He smiles at her when she tosses her bag back into the closet and her heart soars at the sight, the familiar tingling beginning on her cheeks. The TV is also on, turned to an early nineties sitcom. "Mornin'. You're a good cuddler."

Now, her cheeks are burning. She shakes her head at this, but her blush is undeniable, turning away to open the curtains of the balcony all the way, sunlight now streaming into the room in full force. "I don't know what you're talking about."

When she turns around, Niall is grinning widely at her, even though he can barely open his eyes. "Whatever you say. Coffee?"

While he brushes his teeth, Nisha puts a pot in to brew. Niall sure does take his coffee seriously. The brand he's brought along with him is fair-trade, organic, and Guatemalan with subtle notes of apricot and dark chocolate. According to the label, at least.

Something about it makes her smile. Manadrin, apple, and sandalwood notes in his cologne, a blend of citrus in his soap and shampoo, and now, apricot and dark chocolate in his coffee. A whole world of flavors and essences in one boy. No wonder she always feels drunk on him.