Rainbow Mirages

Baun checked the lunar GPS on his glove. He was left from the original trail, and had already climbed the ridge that separated him from the other fallen agent.

"Ryon, are you still near where you fell?"

"Yep... I just decided to take some respite."

"Okay, wait for me there. I'm almost arriving."

"Hey, folks!" Nikkie's voice was heard on the intercom. "I can see both of you from here. Look upwards!" Far higher, from the ledge of the trail, Nikkie waved her arms and flashed her vest's lights. "I think there's a route you can climb back, if you jump right."

"I do see you," Ryon replied, scoping the vertical mountain up to her, atop it. "Maybe for you there's a route, but not me."

"I'm not sure, too," Baun muttered, scanning the uninviting hillside. "I don't think I can climb or leap over the larger flat rocks."

"I'll bring you up."

"How?" Ryon asked.

"I know a few things about climbing." Nikkie was an experienced trekker and mountain climber, even without proper equipment. "Besides, nothing like a helping hand to pull you up. That's all the easier here, in the Moon."

Viatriz and Danita were still far from the Space Team's location. "Hey, wait for us! We can almost fly with these lighter vests."

"Momentum intensifies," Ryon said.

"I'm sending my location to your map," Nikkie replied to Viatriz, tapping a few virtual keys as seen in her augmented reality helmet. "Okay... I'm going down now." She leapt off the ledge.

* * *

Nikkie, Baun and Ryon were already together when Viatriz and Damita came floating, almost gliding.

The two hit the ground near them and bounced a few times, with Danita making a smoother landing while Viatriz stumbled and rolled a few turns. Nevertheless, both quickly regained balance and hopped towards the other agents.

Nikkie was walking towards the two friends when Gily's voice suddenly echoed in the agents' intercoms. "Hello, folks! Are you hearing me?"

"Finally!" Danita yelled. "Loud and clear."

"I had to respond to an emergency in San Francisco," Gily proceeded. "I'm now on the Defensefarers Space Station, monitoring the activities in Earth and informing the teams."

"Aren't we going to meet you in the base here?" Nikkie asked.

"Nope. But I left an automated vehicle there that will carry you to the Space Station. All you have to do is to reach the base."

"Is our lunar tour over?" Ryon asked. "Can we all reactivate our Interference Shields?"

"Absolutely! Despite Ryon and Baun falling, everyone still remained distant from the most deadly mind crackers."

"Do you know our location?" Nikkie asked.

"Not exactly. I grabbed all the data that was used against you by the alien machines. They're typical of a first stage attack. I can try to help you from here, if you grant me permission to access your video channels, so that I can see what you see."

"No problem for me," Nikkie said. "Just send the request."

"Okay! I'm uploading to you all the maps we have from your area." All the agents' cameras opened up in Gily's multi-monitor room. "I'm also cross-referencing your view with our maps."