18

"...Luna, it's time to wake up."

Hmm? I slowly got up rubbing my eyes, when did I fall asleep? It's already nighttime?! Ugh, why do I feel like I have a hangover?...my stomach doesn't feel good.

"Urk...Toilet." I mumbled. "Luna needs the toilet." I rushed to the toilet as quickly as I can.

.

.

.

Ah, I feel so much better after puking. Good thing I made it in time, or else it could've messed up the bed.

"Are you okay now?" Acacius asked reading through the file of documents he was holding.

"Luna's better now. Brother, did Luna do something stupid? Luna can't seem to remember anything after she drank the blood in that glass."

And weirdly, I'm still hungry....the file he's looking through is so familiar to...wait, is it the same file Xander gave me? I glanced at the place where I originally placed the documents, yup it's not there. 

"You didn't but you're not allowed to have alcohol anymore, you're still underage anyways. Come here and drink, you're hungry aren't you?" He finally looked at me.

I obediently went over to him, first I have to quench my thirst then I'll settle the things about the document. Brother's blood is sweet just as expected...

*knock knock*

"Acacius, it's time for training." The door opened with Dominic standing there. He looks stunned?

Ah, right. A lady shouldn't feed in front of anyone. Since when I feed, the only person who has always been present is brother, I've sort of forgotten about it. I've drunk from Xander before but that was because I accidentally starved myself, of course, he gave his consent.

"Luna?" Brother questioned since I suddenly stopped. I don't think I can continue with Dominic watching...

"Luna's had enough for today. Thanks as always brother." I pecked his cheeks after licking up his wound.

 "Have a safe trip, brother." I sent him off as he just nodded. "Dominic, Luna's leaving brother in your hands." I smiled while Dominic waved at me.

Now, good thing brother left the documents here. I've asked Xander to list out the nobles in the faction of the first and second prince. Why? Well, I want to confirm whether that masked girl is a noble or just a servant.

It's probably the latter since she didn't appear anymore in the novel. She's probably killed off to be silenced. But if I assume that she mentioned me in her report, her 'master' who is probably in one of the factions may see me as an eyesore...so I'll be the next target.

Of course, they might use another assassin to come after me but the possibility of reusing her is bigger. I wonder, would they come after me now or would they wait another few months...if it were me, I would get rid of the nuisance as quickly as possible so let's say they're going to come after me soon.

Hmm, I'm sure some of the maids in this palace are spies. Then they would be able to find a perfect time to assassinate me, like now. Acacius is not with me, Arian went training with Nyx, and Xander's busy. I'm all alone.

 ...I'm sure this is not a coincidence, brother usually has his class when the sun is out. Ah, then the culprit must be in the first prince's faction since the first prince is the one who takes care of brother's schedule. It seems like I've been cornered.

"Come out, I know you're there. Your stare is drilling a hole into me." 

As I thought, it is the girl with the pig mask. She's more obedient than I thought, to think she came out. Truth to be told, I can't sense her at all, I'm was just making a bet but to think they'd actually send an assassin after me...for now, I'll just stay calm.

"You're not emitting any murderous intent...do you perhaps know about this necklace?" 

Not talking huh? Ah, my hands are trembling, it's a good thing my brain is still calm. I guess I should give it a shot.

"How about working for me? You'll be killed even if you go back there, you know that right? I'll even reward you." I smiled at the girl in front of me. Please just take the bait.

"Why? Why should I work with you?" Her attitude changed " I don't care even if master kills me! As long as I'm useful to him, hehe. Ahhh, I love master's cold eyes, I don't mind dying for the master! So you have to die!"

...she's crazy. Ah, I've misjudged the situation. Shit. Her arrows are aiming at me.  I guess it's coma time for another three months? Or maybe death...I guess this is what I get for trying to defy fate.

"Did you think I would let you hurt her again?"

Brother? Am I safe? My legs gave out...why is he walking towards her?

"Brother? Wait brother it's too dangerous-" I tried grabbing him but I was too slow.

"Just watch, princess." Dominic stopped me by putting his arm in front of me. "Acacius has been training nonstop since last time. He's stronger than you think."

"Master, don't worry. You saved us the last time, this time just leave it to your brother. I'll help him if things get out of hand." Arian whispered into my ears which made me jump.

"Don't scare me like that. Your master might die from a heart attack." I glared at him while he just chuckled. 

Ah, I was distracted. I looked towards where brother was only to see him walking towards me as if nothing happened. Did he take care of that assassin? That fast? That assassin...her body's twisted...

"Don't look." I felt my brother's hand covering my eyes. Am I being picked up right now? "Dominic, have the maids clean up this mess. Arian, inform Xander of what happened."

"Brother, where are we going?"

"You'll see when we get there."

Time skip~

This is where we used to meet up. It's been a while since I came here. It's still the same.

"I'm sorry." Brother suddenly apologized.

"Brother? You didn't do anything wrong, why are you apologizing?"

Does he think that it's his fault?

"It's because of me that you're in danger...if Arian didn't inform us that you're in a distressful situation in time, you would've been-"

"But brother saved Luna in time didn't you?" I covered his mouth with my hands, he could only blink.

"..."

"Brother look at me." I cupped his cheeks in my hands which startled him a little.  "It isn't brother's fault, Luna wanted to help brother herself. So don't blame yourself, okay?"

He nodded, good. A smile crept up my face thinking how he can be a child sometimes too, he acts too mature for his age. Self-blame isn't good for him, if he bottles up his feelings too much, he might end up...no brother won't.

The stars are beautiful tonight...Unnie, you told me that you'll become the brightest star in the sky...are you watching me right now? Do help me protect brother from the thorns that are going to block his way in the future so that he won't end up like me and you in the past...

"Brother, it's been a while since we're here, let's stay here a bit longer."