Chapter 1

My name is Ren Elisabeth Spark. I'm 17 years old. I will be 18 in two days. Apparently my whole family is making it a big deal. Reason why is because I will find my mate when I turn 18, and when I do, I will become new alpha leader of the pack. Your probably wondering why I said "pack", right? Well it's because I'm a werewolf. Yes, a werewolf like in the movies. To be honest it kind of ticks me off that my parents are making a big deal out of me turning 18. All they ever talk about is "Oh, my baby girl is growing up so fast! And she's going to find her mate and become alpha!" It gets on my nerves every time they bring it up. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy I'm turning 18 and becoming alpha. I'm just a bit worried that my mate might reject me or I might not be a good alpha leader to the pack.

"Mom, I get it. Yes I'm going to turn 18 in a few days, but do you really have to keep talking about it?" I asked my mother.

"Sorry dear, I'm just so happy" she replied with a smile while handing me a plate.

"It's fine and thanks" I said after taking the plate.

We were in the kitchen eating dinner as a family. My mom and my dad sitting next to each other, my sisters, Vivian and Layla, sitting next to me. We were sitting on the opposite end of our mother and father. Vivian was 16 and Layla was 15. They are both younger then me.

After finishing dinner, I went to my room to grab my clothes and took a shower. Once I got out of the shower and finished putting on my clothes, I immediately went to my bed and fell asleep.

*Beep*beep*beep*

I woke up to my alarm clock beeping. I turn it off and try to go back to sleep but was interrupted when there was a sudden knock on the door. I looked at the door to see who I was. When I saw someone's head pop up. It was Layla's. I guess she was checking to see if I was awake.

"Hurry up Ren! Your going to be late if you don't get up" she said.

I looked at her. She was standing by the door. She was wearing a white crop top that says #YOLO on it, with blue shorts and her sandal slippers with her purse on her arm. She was wearing makeup. She had blue eyes and blonde hair like me and our mother. I really hated the way she dressed. It shouldn't bother me but she always gets herself into some trouble because of the way she dresses. By trouble, I mean boy trouble. She gets herself into things that she can't get out of herself, meaning she needs someone there to save her every time. That someone is me. I snap back to reality when Layla started snapping her fingers in front of me.

"HELLO!! Anyone there!" She shouted while still snapping her fingers in my face.

I push her hand out of my face. " yeah yeah, I'll be done in a sec" I said.

"Ok" she said and started walking towards the door to go downstairs.

"Oh, one more thing Layla" I said as I watched her turn to look at me, "the way you dress is what gets you into trouble you know?" I said.

She rolled her eyes and left me alone in my room. After about 10 minutes of showering I brushed my blonde hair that we'll all the way to my waist then grabbed my bag and headed downstairs.

I was wearing a boyish navy blue t-shirt along with my white jacket with black jeans on that were a bit baggy and my blue converse shoes on. Once I reached downstairs I grabbed my car keys and drove off to school in my blue Infiniti car.

When I got to school I parked my car in my parking space. I got out of the car and closed the door behind me and locked the car. As I walked into the school hallway, I was soon tackled by someone unexpectedly and fell to the ground. I turned to see who it was and it was my best friend Talia. I got up and offered her a hand. She took it and I pulled her up.

"Damn! That hurt Talia" I said looking at her.

She grinned widely, "sorry Ren it's been a while since I saw you" she said.

"What are you talking about? It was only the weekend" I asked.

"Nothing, I was just so bored over the weekend. I missed talking to you" she said.

I roll my eyes at her but smile at the same time. We both walk to the cafeteria to get breakfast. When we got their I went to get my food and went to my table. As I walked towards my table I notice Vivian and Layla with their group of friends at their own tables. If your wondering "their own tables and their group of friends?" Well they are popular people but not as popular as me. Layla is the third most popular person in the school. Vivian is the second most popular. And I'm the first most popular. At least they're doing good. After seeing them with their friends, I walked to my group of friends and took a seat at the table and started to eat.

I just watched them talk about who knows what. After a while I started to tune them out by listening to my songs on my phone. Until someone pulled one of my earbuds out of me ear. I turned to see who did it and when I did I saw that it was Talia that did it.

"What The fuck Talia? I was listening to that!" I said.

She raised a brow at me before answering, "Jennifer asked you a question."

I turned to Jennifer, "what's your question?" I asked.

She smiled at me then answered my question, "your turning 18 tomorrow right?" She asked.

I just looked at her.

----------------------------------------------
This chapter is short I think. But I'll make more and comment to let me know if I should stop or continue. I also stopped it there because... Well you'll find out in the next chapter.

I don't own this image.

Comment Please!

~Ren Yukimura ~