season 2 | chapter 15

THE BLISSFUL SOUND of wedding bells was a harmony to Selene's ears

Clad in a magnificent wedding gown, she couldn't help but lift her gaze to the clear sky. White doves soared through the endless, oneiric blue, the warmth and radiance of the sunrays adding the finishing touch to a landscape Selene thought she was doomed to never experience.

A sense of ecstatic happiness and peace blossomed in her heart as her wandering, dreaming eyes left the canvas above her and landed to the people who meant the world to her.

Her tentative smile transformed to a grin, her soul brimming with contentment at the sight of her -their- daughter. She couldn't had imagined in a million stars that Hilary would forgive her for her absence. Hell, she didn't even know it was possible. She'd been a terrible, absent mother for the past eighteen years, yet their strong, capable daughter hadn't given up on her.

She was here for another chance.

An inaudible laugh escaped her at the cliché realization of butterflies dancing in her stomach at the sight of Endymion. His curly hair was pushed back, his sultry eyes and soft lips the reason her heartbeat accelerated and her toes curled with anticipation.

God, she was so lucky. After all the pain she'd been through, she was finally free.

An overwhelming wave of emotion flooded her, her lips curving downwards. Tears dampened the corners of her eyes.

This was it. She and the man she fell irrevocably in love with were going to be together for eternity. Nothing would separate them.

Selene took a step forward, only to pause at the scorching hot sting of a thorn. Dropping the bouquet of euphorically-scented roses at once, she lifted her hand. She surveyed the blood-stained glove with a frown as black clouds replaced the idyllic scenery. A gust of wind that developed to a hurricane arrived in the blink of an eye, carrying everyone and everything away.

The chaos around them was unstoppable, but Selene was horrified about only one thing, or, one person. Without sparing a second thought, she inhaled a sharp breath, kicked out her heels, and forced her wobbling legs to run over to him.

She pleaded the sun, the moon and every star not to lose him again. She couldn't afford it and she'd be damned if she allowed it to happen.

Not again. Not ever.

Endymion mirrored her trepidation and extended his hands, hurrying to catch her. When her warm fingers intertwined with his, a fleeting moment of hope sparked in his royal blue eyes Selene died for.

This time, they were going to survive. They were going to be together.

The wind ruined with horrendous speed the tranquil landscape, everything around them a tornado of dust and anguished shouts. They were spinning into the air clinging to each other with the illusion they were going to be fine.