Chapter 9

"Nothing.. So uh.. Kaneki.. I really like you.."
———————————
I sat there in silence for a few minutes after confessing; almost worrying that Kaneki would hate me for loving him. I started to get anxious as he hadn't responded to my confession faster. After a few more minutes...

"Hide..."

"Yeah, Kaneki?" I replied, as I was watching myself play around with my fingers.

"I really like you too, no, I love you."

I felt my heart pounding in my chest as I looked up at him. 'This feels like a dream..' I thought.
All of a sudden I felt Kaneki's hand move to caress my face. Just hearing that he liked me back made me feel so happy. Just then I started to cry tears of joy and form a huge idiotic smile on my face.

"Hide, don't cry.." Kaneki let out a little giggle, wiping away my tears.

I gave Kaneki a huge hug that made him fall backwards on the couch. I also started to smother his face in kisses. I pulled away in embarrassment.

"Heh.. Sorry Kaneki.." I put my hand on the back of my neck and looked away as my face was bright red.

"No no, Hide it's okay.." He chuckled and brought my face closer to his. We stared at each other closely until Kaneki decided to close the gap between us with his soft lips.

We parted from the kiss and I immediately looked down with a giggle.

"You're cute, Hide."

I smiled and got off of Kaneki, as I was still practically laying on him from the big hug I gave him.

However, as I got up off of the couch to leave, I felt Kaneki grab my wrist.

"Don't leave.." He pulled me towards him to lay on him once more. "Let's take a nap.."

"Okay." I replied, resting my head on his chest. Hearing his heartbeat made me feel happy.

Just as I started to fall asleep, I felt Kaneki wrap his arms around me and kiss the top of my head.

I then fell asleep.

———————————-
next chapter will probably be the last, but i'm so glad you guys like my story. not to get sappy or anything, but i started this story back in 7th grade, i'm a junior now. it's hard to believe i started this so long ago and now getting so close to finishing this. i love all of you so so much and you all give me the inspiration to write so much.
also, i'm really interested in what ships you all like as i'm trying to find new ideas when i start writing another book~
anyways, i'll see you guys again soon,
maki.