104 || Alarms

—UA—

Eraser Head's P.O.V.

"Emergency! Emergency! The League of Villains has infiltrated UA school grounds! Assistance from hero course classes 1-A, 1-B and available third years is needed!"

My head lifted in alarm at the announcement.

The faculty had thought this might happen. It was a rash decision on the villain's end, but there was no telling how well thought-out their plan might be— if they had any plan at all.

We had a basic plan in preparation to retaliate, but not much more. We would have to hope it will do for now.

Currently, both class 1-A and 1-B were in the middle of a joint training exercise. Shinso had also participated alongside the other students.

Including myself, there were four teachers supervising the exercise. Me, All Might, Vlad King, and Midnight.

"Stop the training!" Midnight yelled.

So we stopped the exercise and all the students flocked back into a group.

We stood on a big concrete platform. Most of the students looked agitated and anxious. I overheard a few of their conversations amongst themselves.

"The League of Villains?" Tokage asked, "here? Again?"

"Oh, come on!" Mineta whined. "We just ran into these guys not too long ago! Why are they here again?!"

I looked to the one oddball student of the group. He stood silent and still off to the side, fidgeting with the scarf-like capture weapon around his neck.

"Shinso, go back to class 1-C." I ordered. I couldn't have him around for a fight of this caliber.

"I want to help!" He protested.

"No. You don't have near enough training or experience, you'll only be a liability." I turned to All Might, "You too, All Might. Get to safety."

"Let's go, young Shinso." All Might ushered Shinso towards the stairs that led away from the training grounds and back to the school.

I turned to the other teachers. "Vlad, Midnight, you two devise a plan for the students."

"What are you going to do?" Midnight asked.

"I'm going to slow Puppet Master down." I said. "There's no doubt in my mind that she'll fight me. If I can beat her now, it takes one of the more troublesome villains down."

"Be careful, she's had backup before." Midnight reminded.

"I know. If she does then I'll retreat." I said, turning and running off.
——

Third Person P.O.V.

"He's going to get himself killed, even if it is just Puppet Master." Vlad King sighed, watching Eraser Head run in the direction of a powerful villain.

"I trust him if he says he'll be cautious." Midnight said back. "But we should inform Nezu about what he's doing."

"Right."
——

Puppets P.O.V.

I walked through the forest leading up to UA. Technically I was within the campus, so alarms would have gone off by now. I was the first of the group to set foot near UA, supposedly it was to draw the attention of one specific person.

I fiddled with the blue marble I had in my hand as I relayed through the plan. Most of the League were at different parts of UA in pairs. Toga and Twice were a pair, so were Shigaraki and Kurogiri, Dabi was all by his lonesome, and I was paired up with Compress.

I flicked the marble in my hand up into the air. It decompressed and out came Compress. He did a backflip midair and landed perfectly on his feet then followed it up with a bow.

"Showoff." I muttered loud enough for him to hear.

He shrugged and straightened himself up properly. "The opportunity presented itself, and so I took it."

Compress's phone started to vibrate in his pocket. He pulled it out and pressed the answer call button. He turned the call onto speaker.

"Hello." He said simply.

"We assume you two are on the campus. We can hear the alarms from where we are." Kurogiri's voice spoke through the phone.

"Yes we are." Compress said.

"Well, I hope you two are ready."

"For?" I prompted.

"Eraser Head is heading your way." He informed. "No one else is with him. It seems he's trying to keep a low profile, staying amongst the trees."

"Thanks, Kurogiri." I said to the phone.

"It's not an issue." He responded.

Shigaraki's voice now came through the phone. "Just complete your part of the plan, get him out of the way."

"You know that's a tall order, Shigaraki. It would be for any of us. His abilities are troublesome to deal with." Compress said.

"Then you'd better hope your plan works." Shigaraki snapped back.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Yeah, yeah. It'll work."

"Get going, you two don't have much time." Kurogiri said then hung up, not letting us waste more time bickering.

Compress slid his phone into his back pocket. "Now for the great misdirection of our ploy." He flicked his hand, and like magic, two of his blue marbles appeared in his hand. He placed one on the ground amid the grass.

He handed the second marble in his hand to me. "I hope you have a good shot."

"Yeah." I muttered, looking at the blue marble that rested in the palm of my hand. "I hope so too."

"I wish you good luck, my dear." Compress said before he turned and walked away from me, going on with our separate parts of the plan. Before he got too far, he snapped his fingers, decompressing the object in my hand and the one that was on the ground as well.

I looked down at the object that now rested in my hands. 'Now, time to find a good vantage point.'