Chapter 36: The Bribe

Sorry about the wait!!! I had a wee bit of writer's block, but with a hand from CutieWeeBubbles, I got it cleared up!! This one's dedicated to you, Eye Twin/Zack/CWB :D (Zack is not the same Zack from the story...it's Zack as in Zack and Cody, the Disney channel twins ;P) And thanks to Marystar1212 for making the cover/banner to my story!! One last note...I have wanted to write something like the scene at the end for so long...onwards!!

.:Recap:.

Spencer and Jared were talking a little further back, so I went over to them and hoped to get Spencer by himself. However, I stopped dead when I heard their conversation.

"It's kind of weird, you know? I've never felt this way before, other than when some guy hit on Jamie. I kinda punched him, and it's taking a whole hell of an effort not to punch this Zack guy," Spencer was speaking, and suddenly I didn't want to hear anymore. I had just put together all of the pieces. Spencer had punched the guy that hit on me, and now he wanted to do the same to Zack, who was going out with Jess. In simple terms, Spencer liked Jess.

I balled my fists and gritted my teeth - Jess's relationship was not going to last very long.

{~Still Jamie POV~}

I was so jealous of Jess. What did she have that I didn't? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Why would Spencer like her? We were so completely different. I mean, it wasn't like she was pretty or anything, and she was a bitch. Whereas I was perfectly pretty, a natural blonde, with stunning hazel eyes, and a great figure.

OK, so maybe I shouldn't have cheated on him. But it wasn't my fault! I was drunk...sort of...and he was just too charming to resist...and it wasn't like Spencer was stopping me, anyway...the point is, he shouldn't like Jess, he should like me.

I turned around and stormed off again, ignoring Tina and the boys, who were all giving me confused looks. I just needed to get away from them, to plot my plan and hope it worked, maybe fine tune it a bit. I strode into the girls dormitories and upstairs to my dorm, seething with Johnson. Soon, my plan would be in action.

{~Spencer POV~}

"You feel jealous of Zack?" Jared asked, and I rolled my eyes.

"Is it really so hard to believe? As much as I don't want to like Jess, I do, and therefore I feel jealous of Zack," I tried not to sound too patronizing, but it was pretty obvious.

"Oh. Right. Sorry..." he said. "How do you feel about it?" I thought about that for a minute. How did I feel about it? Sure, I was annoyed that I had feelings for Jess, because we were so obviously not supposed to be together. And yet, I couldn't control it.

"It's kind of weird, you know? I've never felt this way before, other than when some guy hit on Jamie. I kinda punched him, and it's taking a whole hell of an effort not to punch this Zack guy," I looked at the floor, puzzling over this new-ish feeling. Jamie and Jess were so different, why would I have the same feeling of jealousy? I had loved Jamie, and I most certainly didn't love Jess. Sure, I liked her, but the feeling would pass.

When I looked up again, I swore loudly - Jamie was marching across the lawns, away from us, and I was pretty certain she had heard some of our conversation. What was she going to do to Jess? Those two had a pretty good 'comeback' thing going on....mostly centred on me, for Jamie's part.

But I was worried. I knew Jamie would undoubtedly do something, but I had no idea what. How bad would it be? Would it have anything to do with ending her new relationship? I had to force my heart not to soar at the thought. I. Could. Not. Like. Jess. End of.

**

As much as I wanted to follow my head, my heart wouldn't let me. I liked Jess, even if it wasn't supposed to happen. That's why, a few hours later, I agreed to that stupid bribe...here's what happened...