Chapter 14

The next day, I noticed that Ying has been coughing lately when it then started to rain.

"I'll bring umbrellas for them." Ying said about to leave.

"They'll be back in a bit."

"What if they catch a cold from the rain? They have matches tomorrow." Ying said about to leave.

"Ying. If you're not back in 10 minutes, I'm coming to look for you." I said to her with a small smile as she looks at me with a nod before leaving.

It's been a few minutes and Ying still didn't come back so I decided to go out and look for her. I was now worried about Ying but I didn't give up so I continued to look for her.

For at least 15 minutes, I then noticed that I couldn't find Ying anywhere so I started to yell out her name but didn't get a response. I also noticed that I didn't bring an umbrella.

'Really, Lu Lian? The one important thing you need is an umbrella and you didn't bring one?'

I then looked around and noticed that I had no cue where I was at. 

'You can't give up now, Lu Lian.' 

I continued to run again and hope to find Ying.

ZHOU ZHI'S POV

I was in the room with the others, just hanging out and getting ready to go to bed.

"Why isn't the power back yet? It's not going to last all night, it it?" Dayong says with flashlight.

"It must be because of the thunderstorm. Just use the flashlight for now." Yan said.

"Why now? It's not even... not even 9 p.m. yet. I can't fall asleep even if I want to. And we've run out of entertainments." Jiale says, bored.

Sooner or later, we were fast asleep.

LU LIAN'S POV

A few hours has passed and the rain still hasn't stopped. I was getting drenched, my right arm started to hurt a lot, my energy is now drained and I still couldn't find Ying. She was probably found by the others, which made me feel less worried thinking that she was fine but I had to worry about me now. I still didn't know where I was. It was also dark out so I couldn't really see anything.

I looked around once more but my vision started to blur and my head started to ache. I bling my eyes a few times as I walked but couldn't really make out where I was heading, making me trip on my own feet.

I fell on the ground, my head aching in pain. I then noticed the water on the floor started to turn red. I touch my head to see that my head was bleeding. 

I tried to get up but I ended up back to the floor in pain.

I got up once more and realized that I somehow twisted my ankle. I ignored the pain and started to limp, making my way to anywhere that I think might help me find my way back. 

The next few minutes, my head starts to get worse, making me fall to the ground.

And before you know it, I was unconscious. 

THE NEXT MORNING

ZHOU ZHI'S POV

"The rain has stopped. Huh? Where's Lu Lian?" Jiale says, getting my attention as everybody starts to look around for Lu Lian.

"Where is she? We haven't seen her since the rain started." Qiao Chen said, before making an assumption.

"Do you think she's still in the rain?" He asks, making me think about where she might be.

Just then, we all started to think about where she might be until Siyang gets a call. Few seconds later, he hangs up the phone and starts to get ready.  

"Who was it?" Dayong asks.

"The Coach. She said that Lu Lian might still be out there looking for Ying. We have to find her before it gets worse." Siyang said as we all got ready and left to go find Lu Lian.

TIME SKIP

"Lu Lian! Lu Lian!" I yell out but no answer.

"Split up and look around. Meet back here if anything." Siyang said as we all nodded and went our separate ways.

When I was looking around, I found a wristband similar to Lu Xia's on the ground so I thought that she might be around.

"Lu Lian!" I yell out again but no answer.

I start to continue the path when I suddenly see a path of what looks to be blood.

'This could be Lu Lian's.'

I eye the path and it seems to be going towards the trees. 

I follow the path and what I see really shocks me. It was Lu Lian, on the floor unconscious. 

"Lu Lian!" I yell out as I run towards her in panic.

I drop my things and see that her head was stained with blood.

'She must've hit her head.'

I start to check her vitals and it seems that she is still alive, just very weak.

I look around to se the others so I call them over.

"Guys! Over here." They look towards me and Lu Xia was really shocked. He dropped his things and ran to us with the guys following after.

"Lu Lian!" Lu Xia yells as he gently grabs her head and sets it on his lap.

"What happened?" Jiale asks, looking at Lu Lian's state.

"I don't know. She was like this when I found her." I told them. 

Then Yan fixes his glasses and studies her.

"To me, it looks like she was really drained out. By the way her ankle looks red, she must've twisted her ankle and hit her head. From how far we walked to find her, she must've walked far which means that she was really tired and was raining." Yan said, fixing his glasses.

"We need to get her to the hospital." Siyang says, concerned that we might not make it in time.

"I'll carry her." I said, gently taking Lu Lian from Lu Xia and picking her up bridal style. 

"Let's go. We should inform Coach that we found her." Baiyang said as we all nodded and made our way to the hospital.