[10]

"Wake up, you goof!"

Liy groaned, eyes just barely opening. Her eyelids were heavy, and she somehow felt even worse than yesterday. She felt both overheated and chilly simultaneously, it felt like total shit.

"What...?"

"Tree wants me to get you. We're having a super important meeting!" Remote said.

"Can't it wait?" She grumbled, gripping the blanket and throwing it over her head.

"I don't think so. He says he has a plan that he's discussed with some of the others and wants to—"

C o u g h, c o u g h.

Remote paused her sentence when Liy coughed, then continued when she was done, "—share it with us. By the looks of it Pie isn't happy about the idea."

"What's the idea?"

"I don't know yet," She shrugged, "that's why we gotta find out! Now come on!"

She yanked the blankets off Liy and held out her hand.

Liy sighed, giving her tired eyes a few quick rubs before taking Remote's hand and getting out of bed.

"Oh jeez, you don't look too good, did you sleep at all last night?" She asked, concern lining the edge of her voice.

"I don't know, kinda."

     Her wounded side had certainly kept her awake for a majority of the night. She tossed and turned, constantly having to itch the wound. It was absolute torture. Eventually she got to sleep, but it took an hour or two.

     Remote sighed, her expression softened. She motioned her hand as she stepped out the door. The moment Liy stepped into the hallway, she heard the muffled shouting of her friends from upstairs. She halted in place, Remote doing the same.

     "Dammit! I feel like I live with a bunch of lunatics!"

     That was Pie, Liy recognized the deep yet strained yelling voice. It was a huge contrast from her resting voice. She had barely even heard her yell before this whole zombie scenario went down, but after it started it seemed like she was yelling every other sentence. She felt awful, knowing she had contributed to the immense amounts of stress piling onto her friend who was just trying her best to lead them.

     "You insulting me isn't gonna change the fact the vote tied. We have to wait for Liy and Remote to vote until we decide for sure." Tree came in next.

     "This is such a bad idea!" Pie shouted in response, "You want to bring one of those.. 'creatures' into our home!?"

     Liy and Remote shared glances, eyes filled with shock. That's all they needed to hear to get an idea of what the plan was.

     "I'm with Pie," Bottle stammered, "I- I don't want a zombie in our home. Who knows what w-would happen if it broke free while we weren't watching?"

     Remote sighed, nodded to Liy then began to walk up the stairs. Liy followed right behind, all the while scratching her side.

     C O U G H

    "Finally, you guys are here." Black Hole greeted them, "How'd you sleep, Liy?"

     "Bad," Liy replied quickly before turning her head to Tree, "but it's fine. What's going on?"

     "Tree wants to let a zombie run loose in our house," Pie snapped from behind her.

     "I never said that," Tree scoffed, "we are gonna lock it up, obviously."