Chapter 2.3

Jamie's pov

I turned around to talk to her, but she was gone. I pulled the mask off, causing more blood to come from my nose. I don't think it's broken.

She is not a patient person. I'm trying to come to grips that she possibly broke my... whoa!

The ground under me rose up and I fell over. Balance on land is not my strong suit. A man looking thing rose from the ground, formed from a yellow/green rock looking substance, he had a head, two arms and had two feet fused to the ground. He had no private parts or shaping to speak of so the guy part is just a guess. The ground around him made it look like he had landed from space. But he hadn't, he'd come from the ground.

If Sierra was here she'd say we should beat him up, because this must be why we have powers. But I didn't I hid in a tree.

He seemed annoyed by the fact that he was stuck to the ground. Then he turned angry and the ground moved like it was water. I fell from the tree. I stuck the landing. Then fell backwards as the ground moved.

The ground stopped moving.

He stared at me. I wasn't wearing the mask but I still must seem suspicious as I was hiding in a tree. Plus add in the mask in my back pocket, armless tee shirt and jeans I was wearing, I would have run. But he couldn't.

"Are you stuck?"

Get his guard down. Convince him that your not worth blasting.

I heard sirens in the distance. I'd had nightmares about being tested on by strangers. My dad works at a genetics lab and loves sticking me with needles.

"We have to get your feet free."

He nodded silently. He didn't have a mouth.

"Do you have a name?"

Nod.

"Should I guess until I find it or should I give you a nickname?"

Gtare. Bad idea. He can't answer.

"No nickname."

He shook his head no. I looked around for something to pry his feet free. Then it hit me. He wasn't stuck to the ground, he was fused with it. I'd need something like a pickax, to chip him free.

"So was that a yes?"

Nod.

How do I tell him he's trapped and potential doom was coming? Maybe the sirens weren't for him? No, I could see the flashing lights enter the park.

Idea.

Bad idea. But still, idea.