𝟔.𝟔

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

EVELYN had overheard harry and dumbledore's private conversation with him. the girl hadn't meant to, but it wasn't everyday that you would just casually hear about voldemort's past.

tom marvolo riddle was a bright boy. though he had grown up in an orphanage, because his muggle father left him and his mother, he was brought up with the mindset of getting back at people for who've wronged him.

he was special. and he knew it.

he could do things normal kids couldn't do. whether it be controlling animals or wanting to take revenge on a kid and having it actually happen the next day, his powers abided to him.

but what made him truly a little more special than the other wizards and witches, was how he was able to speak to snakes.

the boy was a natural at charming others and excelled in his studies. he was quiet and studious, nearly every professors' favorite.

though he must've been practicing dark arts, as he quickly created his own army of death eaters and was reborn in a whole new body.

"you must convince slughorn to tell you harry. he was the only one that knew what tom was possibly up to", dumbledore said, to which harry verbally nodded.

evelyn's eyes widened as she felt the air being punched out of her. quickly before any of them had discovered her, she had unconsciously headed towards the library.

obviously there was no autobiography or bibliography on voldemort, as that would be inappropriate and considered quite noneducational.

'the restricted section...', was evelyn's immediate thought.

evelyn had showed madam pince a slip that evelyn had professor slughorn sign when she had asked him to honor her potions notebook with his signature. evelyn then practically copied it onto a slip of parchment, making sure that it was an exact replica.

with nearly an hour of searching through all the shelves and crevices, evelyn found nothing that could possibly relate to voldemort and how he had begun the dark arts.

evelyn had then realized how idiotic of her it was to attempt to find something that she didn't even know she was looking for.

she knew harry was going to eventually get it out of slughorn, but evelyn didn't have time.

she needed to know now. and she was going to get the answer one way or another.