III. LOVELY NIGHTS

⟦   LOVELY NIGHTS...   ⟧

   ⟧

"Oh, you are so intelligent." I gush, my voice higher than usual, as I sat by the side of the river, with three of the Lees, trying to get the pub they were selling, at a price, lower then what they were selling. Johnny-Dogs called me, as soon as he heard the pub was available "Who could've have thought that paying your employees a fair wage would make them happy."

Idiot. He just finished telling me a story, about how he stopped a strike, by paying the workers a fair wage. At this point, I was sure he couldn't hear what he was saying, because anyone could tell how stupid it was.

Before our lovely conversation could continue, a voice, which was unfortunately familiar to me spoke up.

"Johnny-Dogs!" The voice of the devil himself comes.

"Tommy, how the hell are ya?" Johnny replies, as I stand up.

"Excuse me a second." I tell the three of them.

"Don't take too long sweetheart." One of them calls, and I roll my eyes. "We don't like to be kept waiting."

"All the better for getting the city smoke out of me lungs." I hear Thomas reply.

"I thought you became a bit too grand for us." Johnny says.

"I've been busy." He tells Johnny, as I come to a stop in front of him.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I ask him, irritation lacing my voice.

"Victoria fucking Calavera." He says, and I roll my eyes.

"Yes, you know my name." I reply. "I see you talked to Polly. I asked you a fucking question."

"I don't answer questions, love." He tells me, with half a smirk. "But since you asked nicely, I'm here for business. What the fuck are you doing here?"

"Doing business, as well." I tell him, as he looks behind me, towards the three Lee boys, disgust written all over his face.

"With the Lee family?" He questions. "Myself, I'd rather live among pigs."

"Come on, Tommy, no disputing." Johnny-Dogs joins the conversation again.

"If you fuck up my deal, I'll tear out your eyeballs." I threaten, as I take a step closer to him, and his eyebrows raise. He's about to say something, but Johnny cuts him off.

"So your first fair since France?" He asks.

"What do you know about France? You war-shy, gypsy bastard." Thomas turns towards him, both of us abandoning our previous conversation. "So this is the horse?"