Chapter 33) The Fib

Hayleigh's Point of View

After Roman and I was done showering and getting ready, I went to the car, while I made him explain why we needed a new bed. I couldn't help but laugh when I seen his red face when he got in the car.

"You really think it's funny, you don't know how hard that was for me to try and explain what happened," he said blushing.

"What did you tell them?" I asked laughing.

"That we are in our honeymoon stage, and I was chasing you around the hotel room, and I ran across the bed to try and get to you, and it broke," he said smirking.

I started laughing remembering that the pair of handcuffs my sister bought were still attached to the bed frame.

"You do know that they are going to know you lied right?" I asked him laughing.

"No, I was pretty convincing," he said, as he started the car.

I couldn't wait until we got back to the hotel to see what they would say. I thought about telling him, but seeing him blush was just too funny.

"So, where are we going?" I asked him.

"Well, I figured we would go for dinner, then take a small walk along the beach," he said smiling.

"Okay," I replied.

We went to a nice little restaurant, and ate, then went to the beach. We got out of the car, and started walking up the beach. I smiled looking down at Roman's hand seeing his wedding ring on his finger. It finally hit me that we were married, and about to start our lives together, and there was no turning back, and I didn't want too. The scenery was perfect, the man I married was perfect, his daughter was perfect, my life was perfect.

"Roman," I said stopping.

"What babe?" He asked turning around.

He smiled and walked up to me.

"What's wrong?" He asked wiping a tear from my eye.

"Well, I was thinking how perfect my life is right now, and I just wanted to make sure you felt the sam..." I said, but he put a finger over my mouth.

"Hayleigh don't. My life is right where I want it to be. I have a wonderful daughter, an amazing job that I enjoy doing, and the most incredible wife, that I love with all of my heart, so yes I feel the same way you do baby," he said cuffing my cheeks.

He leaned his head down, and gave me a passionate kiss, then grabbed my hand, and we started walking again. I was thinking about just selling the club back home, and opening one out here. About another half mile up the beach, this time Roman stopped, and he looked at me.

"Hayleigh, do you remember when I told you that I bought us a house out here, and it was a three bedroom, well that might have been a little fib," he said smiling.

"What do you mean a fib?" I asked.

"Well, the house I bought is more like 7 bedrooms," he said smirking.

"Are you serious?" I asked confused.

"Well, I didn't want to pay that extra money to just build on when we have our own kids, so I just bought this one," he said pointing to the left.

I slowly looked over, and there it stood. It was the most unbelievable house I have ever seen. (Picture is to the right.) My mouth flew open and I looked at him. He grabbed my hand and we walked up to the front door. He pulled out a set of keys, and unlocked the door.

"Now, I wanted to get furniture first before I showed you the inside,but I'm guessing you can't wait," he said smiling.

I smiled and shook my head no.

"Well then, I guess I got to do this right," he said picking me up bridal style, and carried me in the front door. "Now, make sure you tell JoJo that I carried you over the threshold," he said, and then left out a little laugh. 

"Alright," I said, as he put me down.

"That little girl has a brilliant mind," He said smiling.

"Of course she does, she takes after her father," I said turning around.

I looked at all the rooms, and went back to the living room.

"Well, we better get back to the hotel, and get some sleep, we have another long day tomorrow," Roman informed me.

Another long day? What was he up too?

"What are you up to husband of mine?" I asked blushing.

"Oh nothing, but I am kind of hoping we can get that skydiving lesson in tomorrow since it kind of got screwed up today," he said smiling.

"Well, how about we go back to the hotel, and I remind you what you were doing when you wanted to go skydiving?" I said giving him a small wink.

He looked at me and bit his lip.

"Umm, we can go back to the hotel, but about the other thing, I was hoping I can turn the tables on you tonight," he said smiling.

"Mmmm, that sounds great, only if you can catch me," I said, then ran out the door.

"Hayleigh, that's not fair, I have to lock the door," he said yelling after me, but I kept running.

As I got a minute from the parking lot, I remembered that He had the car keys.

"Damn," I yelled, and leaned against the car.

Two minutes later, he was running up the beach, and stopped when he seen me.

"Oh, haha, it looks like you lose, I win," he said putting his arms around me.

"No, I gave up, so neither of us get's handcuffed tonight," I smiled.

"Well, see about that," he said unlocking my car door.

"I guess we will," I said,and got in the car.

We drove back to the hotel, and went in. 

"Mr. & Mrs. Leati?" A bell hop asked us, as we went to get on the elevator.

He smiled, which reminded me about the handcuffs. 

"Babe, can you take care of that, I really have to use the restroom," I said, and got on the elevator. 

I went up to our room, and hid the other set of handcuffs. I stripped down, and went into the bedroom. I laughed when I seen the new bed, and hid underneath it. A few minutes later, I heard Roman come walking in, and seen the light come on.

"Hayleigh, I know you're in here somewhere, and god help me when I find you. I seen you hid the other set of handcuffs, but remember, I have the other ones now," he said, and I heard them dangling.

"Damn," was my last thought, as I felt myself being pulled out from under the bed.

A/N: How do you like Roman's little surprise for Hayleigh? Ut Oh is she in trouble or what? LOL