Chapter 12- Truth

~~12~~

Third Person POV

Angelo put himself against the headboard crossed legged while Isabella sat in front of him with the covers over her as if like a protective shield.

"Have some water." he spoke gently, giving her the water bottle. She took the water taking small gulps easing her dry throat. "Do you mind telling me what it was that got you so riled up?"

She didn't know if she wanted to tell him. It felt foreign talking about the subject science she never spoke about it to anyone. She knew Anglo was someone she could trust yet the words were stuck in her throat.

"It's ok, take your time." Angelo was a patient man and he let her take her time.

"M-mom and I were l-living peacefully until mom got a boyfriend J-James." She didn't want to hear herself say his name again. She felt sick even speaking out loud about her past.

"B-but mom died because of me. I t-told her to come to my p-performance but she said she was busy so I got m-mad and t-told her that I-I h-hate h-her. It was my fault Angelo! I did it! I killed her!" She sobbed against her knees that were propped up to her chest.

"My last w-words to her w-were that I h-hated her." She whimpered.

Angelo tried to comfort her by hugging Isabella but when he got close he could see the fear as Isabella's eyes shot up and she moved back. He knew nothing about this; they never knew where their mother went; she went into hiding with their sister.

"You can't blame yourself for something you couldn't control. All you wanted was your mom to see your performance, you never blame yourself for something you never did or knew about. It's simply just life." Angelo says softly. She sniffled and peaked at Angelo before starting again.

"T-then my s-stepfather started to show his true c-colours. At f-first it was just verbal abuse and s-slap here there but as I got older he would s-start hitting me b-beating me." She stammered over her words choking on her words. Her nails dug into her arms trying her best not to think of her past.

Angelo was a loss of words. He was a calm and understanding man but listening to Isabella's confession and the truth made him want to cry himself.

He tried his best to keep a calm and soft expression but it was difficult as Isabella brought out more of the truth.

"He kept doing it and I-I let him, he threatened me if I told anyone he w-would hurt A-Aliyah! I c-couldn't involve h-her s-so it k-kept g-going."

Behind Isabella's bedroom door were her brothers listening carefully. Some of their fist clenched into balls while some had their jaw clenched rage circulating through their bodies.

The bastard didn't deserve to die so easily!

Angelo watched as Isabella shakes as a leaf ever so gently he pulled her to his lap and wrapped his buff arms around her hoping to give her comfort.

"It's ok you can cry it all out. Let it out, don't hold anything back." Once he finished. Isabella cried her heart out clutching onto Angelo tightly.

"J-just when I thought I-it c-couldn't get w-w-worse Daniel had come I-in!" She starts shaking from haunting memories. Angelo soothing her by rubbing her back.

"Who the fuck is Daniel?" Matthew muttered from behind the door.

"If you don't want to continue it's ok." Angelo softly spoke.

"N-no if I d-don't t-tell you n-now I-I'll never be a-able to tell y-you." Isabella says shakily.

"Alright baby, you don't need to rush." Isabella nodded silently thanking him for being so patient with her. After a few minutes of silence Isabella spoke up again.