0.2

Quick question; How do you place your priorities?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cherry stay here, I'm gonna find mum okay?" I told her as I found my way out of the tunnel.

Crawling out of her room, I peeked down the stairs for signs of anything....anything at all.

Then right there.....in my very presence.....

My mother was murdered.

Hurrying to the nearest hiding spot, I covered my mouth, even pinched myself a couple of times to ensure I wasn't dreaming.

"It's all real." I whispered to myself.

I was never one to cry, but earnestly, my heart was deep, deep, deep down in my stomach.

"We checked everywhere, no one's in here sire." I heard before the front door was opened and slammed shut.

Plastering a relieved demeanour, "Cherry, you can come out now." I called out.

"Are they gone?" She asked.

"Yup." I assured.

"Good. I wanna show you my scrapbook, it's all glittery like you said girly things are." She said now coming out from her hiding place.

So what? My little sister was losing interest in girly stuff and I chipped in the first thing that came to my mind-- pink and glitter.

"Sure. Where is it?" I asked.

"Um," she looked round the room before facepalming herself, "It's in the living room. No worries, I'll go get it."

No! You can't go there, your mother's lifeless body is down there.

"No! You stay here, I'll get the scrapbook." I offered.

"But no peeping okay?" She said before lifting her pinky finger up in the air and I hooked it with mine.

I got to the living room and first thing I did was stare at my mother.

Walking past her, I scanned the room for Cherry's scrapbook.

Found it.

Avoiding contact with my mother, I raced up the stairs to Cherry's room.

"Here you go." I gave her.

"Did you peep? Because, you took a lot of time down there." She said raising an eyebrow at me.

"Cherry, I pinky promised." I told her.

"Now show me."

☆☆☆

"That's not true." She retorted.

"Yes it is. You're like Branch while I'm Queen Poppy." I laughed poking her.

After we went through her scrapbook, we started talking about what cartoon characters we have things in common with.

And we found ourselves in DreamWorks animations.

"You can't have all the good guys. You had Tigress while I had Po, I don't even wanna start naming them." She crossed her arms across her chest and pouted while I laughed my heart out at her antics.

So cute.

She sighed, "It's not funny MJ, I wanna be Queen Poppy."

I looked at her. "No biggie, I guess you can have her, it's not like I can't have Jack from Rise of the Guardians. I call on Jack Frost--Rise of the Guardians." I shrugged.